Deebo Samuel Suffers Broken Foot

J-ALL-DAY

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think so too. Deebo can want to come back before the season but you don't want to mess with these foot injuries.

In 2012 we lose a close SB and Crabtree is emerging as a really nice WR and boom, he tears his achilles in the offseason. History repeating itself here!

Delete this!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Swift21 said:

We better hope Kittle doesn't holdout if he doesn't get a new deal. At this point I wouldn't blame him.

Oh, I definitely wouldn't blame him either. Honestly, if I were him, I'm probably not playing on the current contract. Ertz and Kelce don't expire until after 2021, so there's nobody resetting the market between now and next year that he needs to wait on. 

14 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Well, considering there's a high probability that we may not have a season, or at the very least, not a season that will start on time. This injury means nothing.

I'd be very surprised if that is the case. NHL and NBA are both coming back prior, the NFL won't catch any flack at this point for the schedule being somewhat normal so long as they take other precautions (including potentially fanless games). 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be very surprised if that is the case. NHL and NBA are both coming back prior, the NFL won't catch any flack at this point for the schedule being somewhat normal so long as they take other precautions (including potentially fanless games). 

Practices just started back up and COVID positive cases are already being reported - that's not a 100% indication that the season is in jeopardy, but it certainly doesn't bode well for the season. In any case, even if the season starts in September, Deebo will be back by the end of Sept. So, it's not really going to hurt us. 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

NBA is easier since season is almost over and they are playing in a bubble. I'm a bit concerned with travel and if a whole group of players get sick and are out for a period of time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

NBA is easier since season is almost over and they are playing in a bubble. I'm a bit concerned with travel and if a whole group of players get sick and are out for a period of time.

Playing in a bubble is an option that you have in the NFL as well. They can do hub cities like the NHL, or do whatever they need to.  But they aren't going to let the NHL, MLB, and NBA come back (not to mention korean baseball, premier league and whatever else) and then take a backseat on their own money without something drastic happening.

The biggest difference is just the size of an NFL roster. At some point, these leagues are also just going to flat out say, "hey, this is part of the new world reality, life has to continue on". The NFL gets to take the best bits from the plans of other leagues, avoid some of the same potholes, and don't have to deal with any potential backlash from being the first sport that comes back. They lucked out in the timing. 

If things continue as they have been (Countries reopening, sports resuming, etc), then the NFL is going to continue on, even if it's not exactly the same. I do agree with some of the other posters who have mentioned that it may not be the same with regards to players potentially sitting at various times and having to make a lot of use out of the full roster. But unless something big happens, or the other sports just outright fail in their experimental seasons, it's too early for me to say that there will be a big impact on the nfl season. 

People still believe in Pettis? He's the next Freddie Mitchell. 

Sucks that Samus got hurt. Always some bull****. I'm thinking the NFL doesn't start on time though, so maybe this will help in that regard. Jimmy G, Bosa, and Kittle are the big three that absolutely cannot get hurt. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The biggest difference is just the size of an NFL roster. At some point, these leagues are also just going to flat out say, "hey, this is part of the new world reality, life has to continue on". The NFL gets to take the best bits from the plans of other leagues, avoid some of the same potholes, and don't have to deal with any potential backlash from being the first sport that comes back. They lucked out in the timing. 

Very much agree with the bold. Recently heard one doctor say basically that everyone may get this eventually and we just need to carry on as it may be with us awhile.

18 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

People still believe in Pettis? 

I didn’t really care for the pick to begin with. I think I took Isaiah Oliver in our mock draft game, but Chark was my favorite receiver with Sutton right there with him in that class (which sucks because I believe if we had stayed put we could have got him and not have wasted the draft capital we used to go up for Pettis). All that being said, I was pleasantly surprised with how Pettis played his rookie year and do think that he has the necessary skills to be a good player still. The only thing that worries me with Pettis is his mentality and how he plays: the dude just seems soft and almost afraid out there. My opinion on him is that we already made the investment, so we are basically playing with house money at this point. I wouldn’t be shocked if he regained the form from the end of his rookie year but I’m certainly not counting on it.

Edited by Gore Whore 21
Autocorrect is so helpful
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I didn’t really care for the pick to begin with. I think I took Isaiah Oliver in our mock draft game, but Chark was my favorite receiver with Sutton right there with him in that class (which sucks because I believe if we had stayed put we could have got him and not have wasted the draft capital we used to go up for Pettis). All that being said, I was pleasantly surprised with how Pettis played his rookie year and do think that he has the necessary skills to be a good player still. The only thing that worries me with Pettis is his mentality and how he plays: the dude just seems soft and almost afraid out there. My opinion on him is that we already made the investment, so we are basically playing with house money at this point. I wouldn’t be shocked if he regained the form from the end of his rookie year but I’m certainly not counting on it.

tenor.gif?itemid=3824097

Edited by 757-NINER

11 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I heard Pettis showed up camp out of shape, so that's why he was in the dog house for a while. I think it is a mental thing for Pettis though. He needs to just nut up and keep grinding. And not trip when goons like Grant Cohn criticize him. Right now he's making Shanahan and Lynch look like a doofus for taking him high. 

47 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I heard Pettis showed up camp out of shape, so that's why he was in the dog house for a while. I think it is a mental thing for Pettis though. He needs to just nut up and keep grinding. And not trip when goons like Grant Cohn criticize him. Right now he's making Shanahan and Lynch look like a doofus for taking him high. 

I also heard that he apparently freelances his routes, which is something I didn't expect.