Jets S Jamal Adams demands trade

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Danger said:

the simple fact that they haven't even made him an offer yet is really telling. It'd be one thing if the team was actively trying to do right by Jamal but they're not even making the attempt.

They can't. It makes no sense. They could discuss parameters of a potential deal but right now it doesn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm going to be honest, this entire chunk of text just comes across as bitter. Adams is absolutely special. He's a great S, in a league that has honestly lacked for talent at that position since the greats from the 2000s retired (Berry and Thomas were supposed to take their places, but neither quite had the staying power of Dawkins/Polamalu/Reed.) Saying he's not special because his greatness stems from the mental side of the game is incredibly foolish. You could say the same for Richard Sherman. Peyton Manning. Michael Thomas is probably the league's best WR with a very similar athletic profile as Adams, on paper. Zach Ertz ran a 4.76 40. This idea that you could find a better athlete and just "coach that athlete up" is absolutely wrong. If it was that simple, the league would be full of guys performing on Adams's level, and it's not. It's funny, because you even list his instincts as part of what makes him great, while also saying you could just coach a better athlete to do what he does. Do you know what the word instincts means?

I can certainly understand the idea of not wanting to pay him premier money. He's asking for money no safety has really gotten before. But stop downplaying how great he has been just because he now doesn't want to be a Jet. This is the kind of stuff that happens every offseason on here, where fans start to downplay the quality of the players that are leaving or have left their team. Jamal Adams can be a special player, and still annoy you for loudly trying to leave the team. Those things can coexist.

Nah, man.  Taylor Mays, LaRon Landry, Obi Melifonwu, and the like just needed better coaching.  If only the NFL had any good coaches, then we would have an embarrassment of riches in terms of premier beefcake safety play.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daimonas said:

I have no opinion on this situation but comparing the job security of a safety, even if he's amazing, to probably the best player in the nfl isn't the greatest comparison. Mahomes doesn't need to "throw a tantrum", no team is going to let him go without a massive contract.

Point still stands hardly anyone from that 2017 class has yet to receive an extension and Adams is acting like he's being singled out.

Edited by Hopper15
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

He's awesome. I hope they can work things out.

As a Bills fan, I certainly hope not. No offense Jets fans, but Adams is a beast. I'd rather he be out of the division for good. Y'all should get a good haul for him. Unfortunately, the haul won't be nearly the difference maker Adams is. I'd assume it'd be mostly future. 

13 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Lol it's never been just about the contract.. Jamal's publicly attacking the Jets to fuel his agenda. My thoughts exactly, anywhere but Dallas. No reason to reward this type of behavior. 

Honestly, as a franchise- you just take the best offer. That's what's best for the team. Don't get into the petty BS. Just do what's best for the team. 

12 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Honestly, as a franchise- you just take the best offer. That's what's best for the team. Don't get into the petty BS. Just do what's best for the team. 

What's best for the team is to keep him, he'll get his money soon enough. We got 2 years plus the franchise tag. He's got 0 leverage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What's best for the team is to keep him, he'll get his money soon enough. We got 2 years plus the franchise tag. He's got 0 leverage.

True. If that's the case, then you keep him, but with all these 'reports'- it certainly sounds like he just doesn't want to be a Jet. It's hard to differentiate between what reports are fact and which are fabricated, though, so only Adams knows what he truly wants. 

10 hours ago, Danger said:

How many players are a 2 time All-Pro in their first 3 seasons? Pay the guy his dues. This is exactly how you end up in bad faith with not just one player but many. Next thing you know, you're the Jaguars.

2 INT's in 3 years. :o   I kid you not.   He's a good box safety who can blitz, play the run and even take on the edge.  His coverage is nothing extraordinary and vastly overrated.  He is often late to the ball and tends to take bad angles in coverage.    You don't pay this guy $17 million (to be highest paid safety) with 2 years left on his rookie contract.  It doesn't happen.

And this horsecrap post of his listing the teams he wants to be traded to where he wouldn't demand an immediate extension is laughable.  There is no NO-TRADE clause in his rookie contract.  He gets traded under his current contract to whomever Joe Douglas wants to trade him to.  

This guy is so full of himself that it is ridiculous.  For all the Jets fans who have been claiming that this guy is a clubhouse leader...  sorry... you were 100% wrong as I have always claimed.  A narcissist can not be a team leader.  Jamal does not have the back of his teammates.  He welcomed the rookies with a one-line blah post but then he gushes over how great Lamb looks in practices for the Cowboys.  WTF?  Be posting about your TEAMMATES Jamal... like Mims  not some other team's pick.  

If he's traded or in 2 years when he becomes an UFA, just wait until you hear what Jets players will have to say about this self-centered, egotistical, me-first a-hole. 

Leader?  He is extremely  vocal, particularly on social media,  but vocal does NOT equal "leadership".  So many insipid Jets fans love to confuse a BIG MOUTH with LEADERSHIP.  (See Rex Ryan).  A real leader doesn't say some of the things Jamal has... like “we need more dogs on this team” to the media which is basically saying “these guys suck, we need better players” 

Even now, he has just about no leverage and is choosing to blame the team for some perceived wrongdoing by dictating terms of moving on... when he has no leverage.  Makes no sense.  It's like dealing with a petulant 6 year old.  

By doing this, Jamal has now sealed it that he has zero leverage for the next 2 years (and 3, if the Jets decide to Tag him after his last year on the rookie contract). 

Another Jets fan wrote:

OK... So lets say that the Jets get a first rounder in trade for Adams... 

Consider the team Adams will be traded to.  How will their fans feel when they realize a malcontent is always a malcontent AND... May be you better sit down... Adams made plays because... OK... Hold on to yourself... Because Gregg Williams put him in position to make those plays.

The key here is to ensure you get as much possible compensation for Adams as is possible and keep hiding the fact that he is a myth and not a mensch until the money is in the bank...

I think JD will get the Jets a good deal...

Adams doesn't lead or unite his team, but rather he cleverly promotes himself as one who does.  Brilliant. But it will backfire on him.  At least I hope it does because he has been full of sht about everything since the day he was drafted.  

Edited by dcat

2 hours ago, Hopper15 said:

Point still stands hardly anyone from that 2017 class has yet to receive an extension and Adams is acting like he's being singled out.

On point!  

But Adams feels he is as valuable as Tom Brady and Aaron Donald.  He tweeted those exact words.  So, even though we don't hear Mahomes (who was drafted in the same round as Adams) and others from that draft crying like a little spoiled baby the way Adams is.

This should tell everyone what kind of personality we are dealing with, when it comes to Adams.   

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

As a Bills fan, I certainly hope not. No offense Jets fans, but Adams is a beast. I'd rather he be out of the division for good. Y'all should get a good haul for him. Unfortunately, the haul won't be nearly the difference maker Adams is. I'd assume it'd be mostly future. 

How is he a difference maker?  He has had a few game changing plays (i.e. stealing the ball right out of Daniel Jones hand) but come on.  Look closely at the tapes of his coverage.  For every nice play in coverage, there are three or four where he takes the wrong angle or is otherwise late to the ball.  Where he makes sensational plays is from the box or in the hybrid LB role.  Outstanding in that regard.  But pass coverage is at best average.  Of course Jets fans will deny this but I have studied this guy since day 1.  Excellent player but with multiple flaws in coverage.  Very smart and knowledgeable and great in the defensive huddle.  Adams brings some great stuff to the table indeed.  But coverage is NOT one of them.   add to this his abrasive, narcissistic personality and you have a problem.  

For the first time, I actually hope they trade him.  What a shame.  Too bad his NFL veteran father couoldn't help him handle this mess better.  

Edited by dcat