Jets S Jamal Adams demands trade

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wonder if Stefon Diggs had the Bills on his short list of teams he'd welcome a trade to? 

If I'm the Jets I take this list and use it as the teams I won't be negotiating a trade with. Ship his butt to Cincinnati and wash your hands of it. 

For the record, I have no interest in the Seahawks pursuing this. I agree with those who say box safeties are one of the most easily replaced positions in football and I have no interest in resetting the market for that type of player. If he was reasonable in his long-term demands it might be something different, but even then I wouldn't be comfortable offering more than a 2nd and quality player (which I realize won't get it done). 

• Like 2

Jamal Adams Catch Rate Allowed Over Expectation (2019): -17.8%

Only 3 safeties were more productive relative to expectation when targeted as the nearest defender: Earl Thomas, Chandon Sullivan, and Eddie Jackson. 

via Next Gen. Thought I'd share for those debating his abilities in coverage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

but seriously had to look him up, 

Literally just got done watching game tape on him because I had the same reaction lol. You'd think the Packers fans around these parts would be beating the drum for this guy calling him one of the best CBs in the league. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Jamal Adams Catch Rate Allowed Over Expectation (2019): -17.8%

Only 3 safeties were more productive relative to expectation when targeted as the nearest defender: Earl Thomas, Chandon Sullivan, and Eddie Jackson. 

via Next Gen. Thought I'd share for those debating his abilities in coverage. 

Yeah he's good in coverage, not a game changer but effective. 

50 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

You'd think the Packers fans around these parts would be beating the drum for this guy calling him one of the best CBs in the league. 

Generally speaking, Packer fans aren't all that bright - but its been fun watching him ascend. He has really long arms and uses them well
Fair guess he earns a more significant role in 2020 and yes, he's still miffed about the " no clear recovery call"  in the playoff game

gettyimages-1199110045-e1579038321602.jp

18 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

As much as I’d love this, we don’t have the cap space for it. I’d prefer we keep Jones if it came down to the two. But adding Adams would allows us to use Mathieu in even more ways. 

Oh, I agree. It's just a fun kind of thing to think about. I don't see any way we could take him on without creating a bigger hole at another position somewhere else. We don't need a S. Anyone we could cut or trade back to fit the contract he wants would create a need though.

We do need a LB I suppose, if we want to count him as a hybrid, but....not that badly.

3 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

For the record, I have no interest in the Seahawks pursuing this. I agree with those who say box safeties are one of the most easily replaced positions in football and I have no interest in resetting the market for that type of player. If he was reasonable in his long-term demands it might be something different, but even then I wouldn't be comfortable offering more than a 2nd and quality player (which I realize won't get it done). 

Hypothetically if you had a young, prime Kam Chancellor that needed a new deal - you wouldn’t draft him in the first round?