Jets S Jamal Adams demands trade

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

You missed the bottom of his classified that states "Teams that did not make the playoffs last year need not apply".

The Dallas Cowboys shouldn't be on his list then. Since they didn't make the playoffs last year. The Philadelphia Eagles are the reigning NFC East champions.

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kittle has a better chance at getting 20 million than Adams does in my opinion (though I don't think either will hit it). 

Interesting spot for both given how much each wants to break the market for their position

Yeah, Kittle at least could make the argument that his value is in line with elite WRs, which are around that $20M mark. Adams would be arguing, what, that he's equal in value to like the 5 defensive players, all edge or interior rushers, that are making over $20M? No one is going to give him that. I could see him convincing someone to give him Byron Jones/Darius Slay type money. Instead of the $14Mish that the S market is topped at, get him to $16M or $17M, where the CB market is. But no one is giving him Aaron Donald/Khalil Mack money.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, Kittle at least could make the argument that his value is in line with elite WRs, which are around that $20M mark. Adams would be arguing, what, that he's equal in value to like the 5 defensive players, all edge or interior rushers, that are making over $20M? No one is going to give him that. I could see him convincing someone to give him Byron Jones/Darius Slay type money. Instead of the $14Mish that the S market is topped at, get him to $16M or $17M, where the CB market is. But no one is giving him Aaron Donald/Khalil Mack money.

$20M is too high...$18M would be reasonable IMO. It would put his market value slightly below Wagner ($18M) & about equal with Mosley ($17M), assuming salary cap inflation.  Keep in mind the ILB market was equivalent to, if not less than the S market when Mosley/Wagner cashed in. 

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

lmao I like howo you be attacking people in this forum...dude you pic is sanchez. piss off you dum troll. yes the jets are the worst team in the their conference...division...shoot state even..theyre trash. trash trash. get over it...no one cares about them. Everyone cares about Jamal Adams...he needs to get out of the crap hole so he can win and become the best safety of this generation...not waste away and watch Darnold suck a$$

Lol what is this?

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Okay so nothing from you as usual. Thanks again for all you do. 

Ok what other great players are on that team?

QB: Darnold—C+, chance to be an A. 

RB: Bell—B, but declining. 

FB: Wesco?—Solid blocker. B

WR: A hodge podge of high upside guys, but no credible player on the roster.

TE: Nice group. I like the talent at TE/H, but still no great player.

OL: An atrocity. Love Becton’s upside tho. Think he ends up becoming a monster. 

INT. DL: Never liked Quinnen. Average interior players with potentially Quinnen breaking out. 

PASS RUSH: Non-existent. I do like Zuniga’s potential, but very raw

ILB: Solid. Mosley is the 2nd best player on the defense. Williamson is average. 

CB: Meh. Below average. Austin had a nice rookie season, but he’s not a #1. I love Bryce Hall tho. 

S: Good. Maye is average, Adams is elite. But Adams is about to be gone. I was a fan of Davis tho. He could help them. 

So basically, I liked their draft picks. But the rest of that roster is horribly unimpressive. 

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ok what other great players are on that team?

QB: Darnold—C+, chance to be an A. 

RB: Bell—B, but declining. 

FB: Wesco?—Solid blocker. B

WR: A hodge podge of high upside guys, but no credible player on the roster.

TE: Nice group. I like the talent at TE/H, but still no great player.

OL: An atrocity. Love Becton’s upside tho. Think he ends up becoming a monster. 

INT. DL: Never liked Quinnen. Average interior players with potentially Quinnen breaking out. 

PASS RUSH: Non-existent. I do like Zuniga’s potential, but very raw

ILB: Solid. Mosley is the 2nd best player on the defense. Williamson is average. 

CB: Meh. Below average. Austin had a nice rookie season, but he’s not a #1. I love Bryce Hall tho. 

S: Good. Maye is average, Adams is elite. But Adams is about to be gone. I was a fan of Davis tho. He could help them. 

So basically, I liked their draft picks. But the rest of that roster is horribly unimpressive. 

And still won more games than the Super Bowl contending Browns. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

And still won more games than the Super Bowl contending Browns. 

Ok. Have fun with that roster. Maybe you’ll get 3 players that you can classify as above average next year! ...assuming your best player doesn’t continue to give you the middle finger. 

Defensive much? What do the Browns have to do with this? And I would love to see you break down how the Browns have a worst assortment of talent than the Jets. 

For as bad and disappointing as the Browns were the last two years, they pooped on the Jets two years in a row. 

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

False. You dont win 7 games with only a good safety.

Right and I think this is where the problem lies. Sure he’s asking for early contract demands but he’s clearly the best safety in the league right now and I wouldn’t say it’s it’s even kinda close.

Seems like the Jets team and fan base in my humble opinion has to a degree been deluded to think he’s something less than that. He’s just asking for market value. You can’t let your best player on your roster be this unhappy. It doesn’t send a good message at all 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

1 minute ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Right and I think this is where the problem lies. Sure he’s asking for early contract demands but he’s clearly the best safety in the league right now and I wouldn’t say it’s it’s even kinda close.

Patrick Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the league and its not even close and yet he has to play out his deal as do;

Watson, Watt, White, Lattimore, Garrett, etc...

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ok. Have fun with that roster. Maybe you’ll get 3 players that you can classify as above average next year! ...assuming your best player doesn’t continue to give you the middle finger. 

Defensive much? What do the Browns have to do with this? And I would love to see you break down how the Browns have a worst assortment of talent than the Jets. 

For as bad and disappointing as the Browns were the last two years, they pooped on the Jets two years in a row. 

Beat us on a short week while you guys were at home and then took advantage of our practice squad Quarterback. Congrats. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Patrick Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the league and its not even close and yet he has to play out his deal as do;

Watson, Watt, White, Lattimore, Garrett, etc...

You guys aren’t the Super Bowl winning chiefs 

you guys aren’t the playoff bound Texans 

you guys aren’t the underdog tough playoff bound bills 

you guys aren’t the loaded playoff bound saints roster 

I’ll give you Myles but even they are in contract talks

The point is the current Jets roster is lacking playmakers and centrepieces but Jamal Adams is for sure ******* definitely that 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas