Jets S Jamal Adams demands trade

RaidersAreOne

Just now, canadaluvsdallas said:

You guys aren’t the Super Bowl winning chiefs 

you guys aren’t the playoff bound Texans 

you guys aren’t the underdog tough playoff bound bills 

you guys aren’t the loaded playoff bound bills roster 

I’ll give you Myles but even they are in contract talks

The point is the current Jets roster is lacking playmakers and centrepieces but Jamal Adams is for sure ******* definitely that 

So why would we pay him?

Texans and Bills are overrated btw.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

So why would we pay him?

Texans and Bills are overrated btw.

Who said winning in this league came cheap? 

We knock Jerry Jones for dishing cheque’s but the man is honestly the most in touch with the realistic demands of his employees/players and works with them to a degree.

And well they also made the post season the last two years and anyone can clearly see they have some eye for talent acquisition 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He actually already negotiated and agreed to an extension with us last season, IIRC, but the trade fell through due to them wanting a 1st round pick and Zach Martin.

I guess what I am trying to say - is the right team is important also. Not just only the $$.

The cowboys don't have cap space, unless you don't sign your qb.

51 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

You guys aren’t the Super Bowl winning chiefs 

you guys aren’t the playoff bound Texans 

you guys aren’t the underdog tough playoff bound bills 

you guys aren’t the loaded playoff bound saints roster 

I’ll give you Myles but even they are in contract talks

The point is the current Jets roster is lacking playmakers and centrepieces but Jamal Adams is for sure ******* definitely that 

We know he's a talent. That isn't for debate. But if you want to be on a team you play your contract out. So we have to assume Adams doesn't want to be here - so think of it as a GM. Do you pay someone who doesn't want to be there or do you ship him off for trade that's devalued because he's asking for way over market? The obvious choice is to sit and do nothing, because at this point you're on a lose - lose situation, and that's all Jamal's fault.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Cross the Chiefs off this list. We have the best safety in the league Tyran Mathieu in addition to pro bowl caliber safety Juan Thornhill.

Exactly. Thornhill is secretly a beast. And while it's smart to roll with three starting-caliber safeties for insurance, especially considering Mathieu is on the roster, you don't pay for Jamal when you already have two great ones.

Send him to AZ. The Thompsons playing back-up isn't a big deal.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Did a Lions fan just call us a laughing stock....LMAO

that is truly funny.  I would love for the Lions to pay $20 M for a guy who gets 2 INTs in 3 years.  It would be so typical of them.

17 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I wonder if Stefon Diggs had the Bills on his short list of teams he'd welcome a trade to? 

If I'm the Jets I take this list and use it as the teams I won't be negotiating a trade with. Ship his butt to Cincinnati and wash your hands of it. 

For the record, I have no interest in the Seahawks pursuing this. I agree with those who say box safeties are one of the most easily replaced positions in football and I have no interest in resetting the market for that type of player. If he was reasonable in his long-term demands it might be something different, but even then I wouldn't be comfortable offering more than a 2nd and quality player (which I realize won't get it done). 

Great post

He has no say in what team he gets traded to.  None. 

His little list of the "hateful eight" is just a ploy to rile up Jets fans.  He wants Jets fans to rage at him.  He wants Jets fans to pressure the team to get rid of him. 

His social media activity makes that abundantly clear.  If the Jets trade him to any of the other 23 teams that are not on his Dear Santa Clause list, he'll have to threaten a holdout there.  He is trying to scare away those teams.   Will it work?  I have no idea, but I wouldn't want him on my team after this whether Im in those eight or not.

He has put himself, the organization and his teammates in a real sht position.  I would imagine his present teammates are silently seething over his list of teams he wouldn't hold hostage if he gets traded to.  Does he realize what a freaking disrespectful thing that is to them?  It is worse than the "get me some dawgs on this team" comment he made last year which ruffled some of his teammates feathers.  He is no leader. That's for certain.

funny thee hardcore jets fan doest even recognize their best talent in hmmmm how long???? I cant think of another Jets player in history other then overrated Namath...maybe that guy Mark Wahlberg played. That one bum that played a game?

8 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Who said winning in this league came cheap? 

We knock Jerry Jones for dishing cheque’s but the man is honestly the most in touch with the realistic demands of his employees/players and works with them to a degree.

And well they also made the post season the last two years and anyone can clearly see they have some eye for talent acquisition 

One must first believe that Adams contributes to winning.  So far, not so much.  Strong Safety position.  Let another team apply a ridiculously disproportional share of their cap to this position.  Good luck with that.