Jamal Adams Requests Trade

rthom348

Don't feel like reading terms so if this isn't allowed, just lock it up. 

Anyway...

Would you be down to trade Adrian Amos and Kevin King to the Jets for Jamal Adams? 

If not, are there any trade ideas the Packers could do for Adams?

God no.  I'm not trading a safety and a good corner for a safety.

I am, though, intrigued about acquiring Adams.  ....if Savage truly can play a slot corner role and do so at a very high level.

I hope King is in the long term plan.  It would be nice to have the top corner positions locked down for the forseeable future.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

God no.  I'm not trading a safety and a good corner for a safety.

I am, though, intrigued about acquiring Adams.  ....if Savage truly can play a slot corner role and do so at a very high level.

I hope King is in the long term plan.  It would be nice to have the top corner positions locked down for the forseeable future.

I'm right with you on this one and would love to see that scenario you pitched.

One problem...

Adams wants to break the bank so what would we be giving up to acquire him, especially when we're not on his list of teams where he wants to go? Think I'll pass on this one...

• Like 2

This isn't JUST a no. That's such an awful trade proposition I can't wrap my head around it. Adams is a nice S, but he also wants a new mega contract while Amos is locked up in a pretty team friendly deal, and King won't break the bank to resign as a pretty darn good #2 CB.

I'm not really even interested in trading for Adams period with the type of contract he wants. Give that money to Kenny Clark instead.

Edited by spilltray
  • Like 5

Jamal Adams is worth more to us than he is to a lot of teams.  Wouldn’t make a premium position (CB) weaker to make Pettine’s safety/LB stronger though, and I would keep Amos.  Savage can play slot, Amos/Adams at safety or Amos/Adams at ILB and Savage/the other one at safety.

I would trade our next two second round picks for him.  Never a future first unless it’s at the trade deadline and you’re already out of the top 15 with no chance of failing into the top 10.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Jamal Adams is worth more to us than he is to a lot of teams.  Wouldn’t make a premium position (CB) weaker to make Pettine’s safety/LB stronger though, and I would keep Amos.  Savage can play slot, Amos/Adams at safety or Amos/Adams at ILB and Savage/the other one at safety.

I would trade our next two second round picks for him.  Never a future first unless it’s at the trade deadline and you’re already out of the top 15 with no chance of failing into the top 10.

Hate these kind of suggestions. People always compare the player to the pick but that isn't what you are trading. You have to look at the money he is asking for. You are giving away the picks and 15m a year that is needed to sign other players. 

If you make that trade and pay him then it might cost you King and say Aaron Jones as their money has gone. So what you are basically saying is you want to give away King and Jones and two second round picks for this guy. Its a huge amount.

To get a realistic sense of what you are offering, instead of saying you would give up picks, people should also say which players they will give up to pay him.

7 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Hate these kind of suggestions. People always compare the player to the pick but that isn't what you are trading. You have to look at the money he is asking for. You are giving away the picks and 15m a year that is needed to sign other players. If you make that trade and pay him then it might cost you King and say Aaron Jones as their money has gone. So what you are basically saying is you want to give away King and Jones and two second round picks for this guy. Its a huge amount. To get a realistic sense of what you are offering, instead of saying you would give up picks, people should also say which players they will give up to pay him.

I'm not entirely sure how contracts/signing bonuses play out, but Adams is "under contract" thru to the 2022 season (when he goes UFA) if the 5th year option is used.

2020 -
Base - 825K
Signing Bonus - 3.5M (rounded down)
2021 (5th year) -
Base - 9.8M (rounded down).

If we were to trade for Adams now - how would the 3.5M signing bonus be handled? Would it be passed on the GB or stay on the NYJs books?

In theory - if we could trade for him now and hold him to the current contract - he'd be worth it.
Not that we're flush with cash or it wouldnt make the list of extensions we already have to address any easier - thats hardly the case - just that - based on his on the field skills, he'd be worth the salary.

However, I doubt he'd play (or certainly be a happy camper...) w/o a new contract. Might even refuse to show up w/o a new contract.

I like the player. Would like him more if we had more cash. But we dont. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not entirely sure how contracts/signing bonuses play out, but Adams is "under contract" thru to the 2022 season (when he goes UFA) if the 5th year option is used.

2020 -
Base - 825K
2021 (5th year) -

If we were to trade for Adams now - how would the 3.5M signing bonus be handled? Would it be passed on the GB or stay on the NYJs books?

In theory - if we could trade for him now and hold him to the current contract - he'd be worth it.
Not that we're flush with cash or it wouldnt make the list of extensions we already have to address any easier - thats hardly the case - just that - based on his on the field skills, he'd be worth the salary.

However, I doubt he'd play (or certainly be a happy camper...) w/o a new contract. Might even refuse to show up w/o a new contract.

It would stay on the Jets books.

Adams isn't going to play on the 5th year option. The question is whether or not the team who traded for him can get him to play the 4th year on the rookie deal.

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It would stay on the Jets books.

Thanks. Thought so - wasnt sure.

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams isn't going to play on the 5th year option. The question is whether or not the team who traded for him can get him to play the 4th year on the rookie deal.

Probably right.

12 hours ago, Leader said:

2020 -
Base - 825K
2021 (5th year) -

Moot point. Only reason he wants to be traded is because they won’t give him a new deal. 

He’s not playing for us or anyone without one.