You Get One Move

Sugashane

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

My one move would be to draft or sign(a young one) OFFENSIVE TACKLE. Not that either of them are terrible, but the combination Leno/Massie might be the WORST pair of bookends in the league. If we just swap out 1 of them the OL goes from average to pretty much elite.

As for the QB discussion, I really have to kind of see the season, like someone else said so much changes in a year. Also like another person said again, there is no way the Lawrence or Fields pick will be for sale.....especially if we are picking in the 15-20 range. Jags, Colts, or Broncos will have higher picks than us.

Denver may, but they aren't giving up on that QB this early unless he's a total disaster

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think unfortunately when you get a prospect like Lawrence he usually gets taken not traded.   Only time top ‘sure thing’ guys get traded is if they force a trade by saying they won’t play for a team and that doesn’t always work.   

Consider the QB situation in the NFL right now. If the Cardinals end up with the worst record, are they drafting Lawrence? 

No. No, they're not.

How about the Dolphins?

Again, no.

The Bengals? They gonna draft Lawrence next year?

They aren't. 

If the Jaguars "win" the worst record, they'd certainly take him...but they almost assuredly won't be the worst team in the league next year. If they are, there are still two or three great other opportunities in the next draft...

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Remember if you want something really bad other people are likely to want it too.

Idk I don’t think other people personally want me to bang your mom 

Edited by Tyty
  • Like 1

PS Lawrence is only attainable by the team in position to take him. We’d have to wreck our team to even be near being able to trade for him 

also, how many consecutive years do you think this team can afford no first round picks? 

53 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Consider the QB situation in the NFL right now. If the Cardinals end up with the worst record, are they drafting Lawrence? 

No. No, they're not.

How about the Dolphins?

Again, no.

The Bengals? They gonna draft Lawrence next year?

They aren't. 

If the Jaguars "win" the worst record, they'd certainly take him...but they almost assuredly won't be the worst team in the league next year. If they are, there are still two or three great other opportunities in the next draft...

My point was that the QB needy teams would still be ahead of us....

So like lets say the Dolphins or Bengals get 1......Jacksonvilles pick probably will still be higher than ours so 3 picks from them is worth more than 3 picks from us

Wasnt saying it was impossible Lawrence is traded but no way somebody with more assets wouldnt be the ones making the trade

If Biscuit can miraculously rebound his career, or Foles can be playoff version of Foles from the Eagle's Super Bowl run for the full season, than my 1 move is getting Jamal Adams on the Bears.

In every other scenario, I'm either for moving to grab the best I can of Lawrence, Fields,Trey Lance..

You either have a QB, or you don't.

If none of the QBs look good enough to draft (or aren't in a position where we can reach them), I'm going hard on OL and wallowing in the pit of misery.

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

If Biscuit can miraculously rebound his career, or Foles can be playoff version of Foles from the Eagle's Super Bowl run for the full season, than my 1 move is getting Jamal Adams on the Bears.

That would be divine, but they can't afford him, though. You can't lock up $30 million plus/ year on the safety position. 

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

In every other scenario, I'm either for moving to grab the best I can of Lawrence, Fields,Trey Lance..

My point was that it will likely be a LOT easier to trade up to get one of those guys next year. The vast majority of the league considers themselves "set" at quarterback. 

58 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

My point was that the QB needy teams would still be ahead of us....

So like lets say the Dolphins or Bengals get 1......Jacksonvilles pick probably will still be higher than ours so 3 picks from them is worth more than 3 picks from us

Wasnt saying it was impossible Lawrence is traded but no way somebody with more assets wouldnt be the ones making the trade

The team with the worst record will most likely "have" a quarterback. 

24 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

The team with the worst record will most likely "have" a quarterback. 

IMO, Jacksonville is easily the worst team in football. Carolina stinks too. I think if Vegas had odds of such a thing (maybe they do?), they'd be the 2 favorites to finish as the two worst teams. Crazy things happen, though

35 minutes ago, Epyon said:

You either have a QB, or you don't.

If none of the QBs look good enough to draft (or aren't in a position where we can reach them), I'm going hard on OL and wallowing in the pit of misery.

Ah, just what the Bears need. Another good defender. If you can't score any points, might as well try to limit the opposition to 0.

Adams' alleged list doesn't include the Bears anyway, and he isn't good enough to give up a few picks.

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

IMO, Jacksonville is easily the worst team in football. Carolina stinks too. I think if Vegas had odds of such a thing (maybe they do?), they'd be the 2 favorites to finish as the two worst teams. Crazy things happen, though

These are teams with worst odds to win SB by Vegas.  So generally worst teams they think. Jacksonville is worst.  

Miami Dolphins +700070/171.0

New York Giants+700070/171.0

New York Jets+700070/171.0

Carolina Panthers+10000100/1101.0

Cincinnati Bengals+10000100/1101.0

Washington Redskins+10000100/1101.0

Jacksonville Jaguars+15000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

These are teams with worst odds to win SB by Vegas.  So generally worst teams they think. Jacksonville is worst.  

Miami Dolphins +700070/171.0

New York Giants+700070/171.0

New York Jets+700070/171.0

Carolina Panthers+10000100/1101.0

Cincinnati Bengals+10000100/1101.0

Washington Redskins+10000100/1101.0

Jacksonville Jaguars+15000

Cincinnati has some good young players. I doubt they finish worst again. I forgot about Washington. If Haskins sucks again and they finish worst, I could easily see them taking Lawrence... same with NYJ.

I did have 2 of the top 4 though, pretty good off of the top of my head :)

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Extend Mitch Trubisky after his MVP season.

That would be the worst case scenario. He blows up in a contract year and does enough convince the regime that he's worth investing in. Then we're stuck with a jay Cutler situation for ten years all over again. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

So my wife has an uncle who comes over every 2-3 weeks to jump in while we play guitar and cookout. This guy hates Dak, and said if the Bears would give 2 1sts for him he'd pay for Dak's ticket to Chicago. 

I'd trade that for him 100 times out of 100. Lol. Dude isn't elite but still better than anything we've had in my lifetime.