What would you trade for Adams?

dll2000

Represent your favorite team or another if you like - assume hypothetically Jets are ready and willing to trade him now:

What is your best and final offer for Adams, if any?  Nothing or not interested is an acceptable answer.  

Give your reasoning if you have a moment.  

I’ve been trying to figure this out. Honestly not sure what I would deem reasonable compensation for the Ravens. Would ultimately depend on what he’s asking for I suppose.

I’d be willing to trade Earl Thomas and a 2nd for Adams, if he’s willing to accept a reasonable deal. Roughly $15m. But as I understand it, he wants a lot more than that... thus I would probably tap out. If he wants more I would probably ask the Jets to take on more of ETs guaranteed cash to help with getting a deal done.

They are trying to win the AFCE and that will require talent. ET brings that, he’s just older and thus has less prime years remaining... which is what would get me to be interested in a deal like the above.

• Like 2

Bears can't afford him.  So we wouldn't  be submitting a proposal.

I think you could make a case that a pick could be spent for a 1 year rental, but with Covid uncertainty that might be like throwing a pick away.

Edited by dll2000
typo

Patriots can’t afford him this year. Plus it would be a tough sell - McCourty and Chung are around for at least a couple more seasons. Phillips is here as a rotational piece, only for a year. Also just drafted Dugger who likely would be in that role. Mal would be a perfect fit here, though. It’d be awesome to have him and he’d be easily able to squeeze under next year’s cap. 

If I were calling the shots on this one, I’d shoot multiple seconds across the bow - and it’d be declined. With Stidham at QB and a class coming up like this with both quarterbacks and receivers, I couldn’t justify giving up a first rounder. It could realistically be a top-10 pick and I wouldn’t give that for Mal unless we had a bonafide QB.

58 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve been trying to figure this out. Honestly not sure what I would deem reasonable compensation for the Ravens. Would ultimately depend on what he’s asking for I suppose.

I’d be willing to trade Earl Thomas and a 2nd for Adams, if he’s willing to accept a reasonable deal. Roughly $15m. But as I understand it, he wants a lot more than that... thus I would probably tap out. If he wants more I would probably ask the Jets to take on more of ETs guaranteed cash to help with getting a deal done.

They are trying to win the AFCE and that will require talent. ET brings that, he’s just older and thus has less prime years remaining... which is what would get me to be interested in a deal like the above.

His contract demands haven’t been made public. However, Reading the tea leaves, I think something in the 16-17 range gets it done. He sees himself as one of the better defenders in the league not just the best safety. 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Represent your favorite team or another if you like - assume hypothetically Jets are ready and willing to trade him now:

What is your best and final offer for Adams, if any?  Nothing or not interested is an acceptable answer.  

Give your reasoning if you have a moment.  

His value goes down theoretically if the Jets wanted to trade him.

On 6/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, diamondbull424 said:

With where the projected standings are I'd imagine that the Baltimore ravens would have to offer their 1st plus something to have a competitive offer. Their 2nd round pick is likely to be a bottom 5 pick in the second round. Virtually any team could offer their second and top that offer.

Edited by drew39k
Removed incorrect info

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Players from the Patriots I'd trade would be Stephon Gilmore, Shaq Mason, and Sony Michel. I don't think I would include any higher than a second round pick in a trade involving those players.

Why would you trade Stephon Gilmore?

23 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Why would you trade Stephon Gilmore?

@DoleINGout

They may need to clear some cap space and Gilmore is their most expensive player.  

It saves them 7.4 this year according to Spotrac.

Patriots would probably ask for a pick if they did this, not give one.

Edited by dll2000

IMO, he's an impact player at a position that's relatively replaceable. 

Seattle already has 3 talented safeties that we're prepared to use in a rotation this season (so I highly doubt we pursue this), but with my first sentence in mind, I would offer Marquise Blair (same position, 2nd round pick last year) + our 2020 2nd rounder for Adams and his contract demands. 

• Like 1