What would you trade for Adams?

dll2000

Tartt is a free agent after this upcoming season, so the positional fit could easily be there for the niners, but I don't know how they make it work money wise. Also not sure how much they would actually give up for him. Obviously a first round pick, Tartt would likely go back to the Jets as well. After that though, it gets a little rough. The team can't be trading off all it's picks given that pretty much the entire secondary is a free agent next year as well as several other key pieces. You have to be able to replace some of these guys cheaply. 

So I think the niners probably can't make that work. 

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Players from the Patriots I'd trade would be Stephon Gilmore, Shaq Mason, and Sony Michel. I don't think I would include any higher than a second round pick in a trade involving those players.

Mason is Interesting. The Jets were going to be all in on Thuney and he apparently was high on joining the Jets. We still need help at guard and y’all have 2 guards that are better than anything we have. Can’t see BB pulling the trigger especially because y'all are stacked at DB. But there’s definitely a trade to be made there if BB is looking to upgrade the SS spot. 

• Like 1

Maybe a 7th if we were OK with the contract.

As per Packers board, never understood why people want to give up high picks to sign someone on an expensive contract. From a Packers perspective his contract might mean losing A. Jones and King. So you are giving up those players plus whatever you offer in a trade. If Gute is happy to sign him instead of Jones and King then no problem, maybe toss them a 7th or even a 6th to assist negotiations but certainly wouldn't give anything significant in addition to losing the players that you lose as he has taken their money.

18 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Players from the Patriots I'd trade would be Stephon Gilmore, Shaq Mason, and Sony Michel. I don't think I would include any higher than a second round pick in a trade involving those players.

I’d want a pick back in that scenario.

On 19/06/2020 at 9:32 AM, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve been trying to figure this out. Honestly not sure what I would deem reasonable compensation for the Ravens. Would ultimately depend on what he’s asking for I suppose.

I’d be willing to trade Earl Thomas and a 2nd for Adams, if he’s willing to accept a reasonable deal. Roughly $15m. But as I understand it, he wants a lot more than that... thus I would probably tap out. If he wants more I would probably ask the Jets to take on more of ETs guaranteed cash to help with getting a deal done.

They are trying to win the AFCE and that will require talent. ET brings that, he’s just older and thus has less prime years remaining... which is what would get me to be interested in a deal like the above.

No way. ET is going to be in his 2nd year in our defense. Last thing we need is to have a new safety learn the defense. Team is likely going to be starting two new linebackers, that is enough people not knowing the defense. Add the fact that he wants way too much money. Hard pass as a Ravens fan.

Edited by Silver
  • Like 1

Let me dream for a minute guys.  I am thinking:

arik armstead straight up for adams which I think is fair and the salaries pretty much offset.

that trade is based on the idea that Joey bosa has told the chargers he isn’t signing long term.  9ers trade dee ford and a first for Joey bosa.  

how do we sign all these guys long term?  Well we got rid of two big salaries in ford and armstead.  In a year we cut kwon and Sherman and thomas comes off the books.  

It would cost us some depth but bosa/bosa/adams/kinlaw/Warner is a hell of a d to build with.  Sign kittle and trent with the money gained buy cutting those above.  

Edited by jdzimme3
  • Like 2

Ring Ring.. Ring Ring...

Hello Joe Douglas speaking....

Hey Joe, it's Mike Mayock here.

We heard you got a 24 year old strong safety bustin' down the doors because he understands Adam Gase is taking him nowhere.

Lets make the pain go away, we need a stalwart in the heart of our D to take TE's and slots away and we are willing to offer our 2021 1st, 6th, Tyrell Williams, a free tour of our new spectacular stadium and a Vegas lollipop.

Knock on wood if your with me Joe...

• Like 3

On 6/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, dll2000 said:

Make your best offer using whatever rationale you would like.  

OK. His value in a vacuum is a 1st and a mid round pick (4th)

If the Jets are trying to dump him: a 2nd and a player

A desperate team who really wants him: a 1 and 2