2020 Packers Linebackers

Shanedorf

3 hours ago, JQ1 said:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out since the Packers didn’t add anybody noteworthy this off-season. As it stands the inside LBs are : Kirksey, Burks, Summers, Bolton, rookie Kamal Martin, and UFA Krys Barnes. Needless to say 4 of the 6 have no NFL experience.

Since Burks probably makes the team by default you really hope he seizes that second ILB spot. But like others, I’m skeptical he can even stay healthy, much less play MLB. 

Summers played all season on special teams and Bolton was in camp last season before being injured.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, deathstar said:

Summers played all season on special teams and Bolton was in camp last season before being injured.

Point taken, and I am privy to that info. I was referring to snaps from scrimmage, but I didn’t articulate that. The Packer MLBs are very lean on four-down experience. 

Edited by JQ1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

It's now almost a year since Bolton tore his ACL, and he's still not practicing. That seems to me to be an unusually long time. I thought 9 months was typical for an ACL. Wonder if things aren't going well. 

5 months of that time is COVID altered.  Harder to rehab things post surgical when access to proper equipment is limited

• 3 weeks later...