The Off Season Injury Thread

animaltested

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

That's unfortunate. Hopefully he doesn't rush his return. I really just want Dissly to be healthy. In games he's played, he easily leads all NFL TEs in Yards per Route. Dude is a superstar in the making pending health. 

Yeah if Dissly is good to go, Id imagine Park gets redshirted. I'm not sure what is role would have been outside of occasionally lining up as a split end in heavy packages (ala Tanner McEvoy). Not sure if he would even have much of a role on special teams. This of course changes a lot if Dissly and Olson struggle to stay on the field. Then Park might get thrown into the fire after week 6.

20 hours ago, animaltested said:

Yeah if Dissly is good to go, Id imagine Park gets redshirted. I'm not sure what is role would have been outside of occasionally lining up as a split end in heavy packages (ala Tanner McEvoy). Not sure if he would even have much of a role on special teams. This of course changes a lot if Dissly and Olson struggle to stay on the field. Then Park might get thrown into the fire after week 6.

I think a McEvoy / JGraham / LWillson role is likely what they have in mind for him. 

• 1 month later...

Darrell Taylor on the NFI list.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/8/3/21353278/seattle-seahawks-place-darrell-taylor-pair-rookies-on-nfi-colby-parkinson-josh-avery-marcus-webb#comments

Seattle just continues to have terrible luck here with high picks:

2017 2nd Rounder Malik McDowell => injured in offseason - never played a snap.

2018 1st Round Pick Rashard Penny =>Broken Finger in Preseason, injured knee in season

2018 3rd Rounder Rasheem Green => Ankle injury handcuffed 1st seasons

2018 4th Rounder WIll Dissly => IR'd in 4th game of the season

2019 1st Round LJ Collier => Ankle injury in minicamp, never really recovered

2019 2nd Round Pick => Marquis Blair hurt in preseason, missed a few weeks

Id say Jordyn Brooks has a 98% chance of getting a nagging injury during minicamp that ends up limiting his 2020 season.