Why didn't the Green Bay Packers four-peat as NFC champions from 1996-1999?

Championshiporbust

3 hours ago, DannyB said:

You don't want to own up to the fact that your team directly won the game because of a bad call. I get it.

I mean...Owens still had to make a nutty catch in the middle of the Packers defense. Packers still had a chance to win. But yes, the non-fumble call helped. 

41 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I mean...Owens still had to make a nutty catch in the middle of the Packers defense. Packers still had a chance to win. But yes, the non-fumble call helped. 

"BJ Armstrong won those three rings with the Bulls. But yeah, I guess Jordan helped"

5 hours ago, DannyB said:

You don't want to own up to the fact that your team directly won the game because of a bad call. I get it.

A Packers fan complaining about losing a game due to poor officiating is hilariously ironic.  Just saying.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

A Packers fan complaining about losing a game due to poor officiating is hilariously ironic.  Just saying.

I'm a Packer fan, and even I can endorse the above statement.  We've received more than our fair share of calls over the years.  That tends to happen when you have All Time Greats under center, and we've been blessed with two in a row.  Soon to be three. (fingers crossed)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tyty said:

They didn’t even win 2, why talk about 4

Apparently they were so good, 2 wasn't needed, 4 should of been a given? Not even sure why the question is being asked?

Early 90's Bill's, Cowboys, both Patriots Dynasty's, "maybe" Seahawks, sure ask away. 96-99 Packers? Just odd.

On 6/22/2020 at 5:30 PM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

They passed on Randy Moss. Plain and simple. Several teams made that mistake, but I think that the Packers, Dolphins, and Cowboys were the ones that messed up the most when they passed on the star Marshall WR.

I don't think passing on Randy Moss was the reason.  Moss couldn't get a ring playing with Brady.   IMO Holmgren leaving was the main reason why the Pack didn't return along with Reggie White.   

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't think passing on Randy Moss was the reason.  Moss couldn't get a ring playing with Brady.   IMO Holmgren leaving was the main reason why the Pack didn't return along with Reggie White.   

Moss caught the TD pass that put them in the lead against the Giants. Also, he almost had a miracle hail mary from Brady (if it would have went a little further). And, Moss dominated the Green and Yellow: https://thevikingage.com/2018/08/01/love-hate-randy-moss-dominated-packers/