Dak to sign Franchise Tag

pwny

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dak may expose himself as not worth a long term deal. Should he flame out this works out for Dallas either way. This team is built very well for the most part.

I doubt it he has everything offensively to have a monster season. Really I think he's better off getting on himself if there's a season. 

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I doubt it he has everything offensively to have a monster season. Really I think he's better off getting on himself if there's a season. 

That’s what I’m saying. This is the best way to bet on himself. That team is prime and ready for him to make something happen. If you eliminated QB from every roster how many are better than Dallas.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I know some will criticize him for passing on the deal offered him, but I’ve always been intrigued with what Cousins did parlaying a couple tags into 100% guaranteed big money in the 9 digit range.

To piggy back off of this, he can decide to either get 100% his demands, or get tagged a 2nd time, getting even MORE guaranteed money, and then having essentially absolute leverage going into 2022. Dallas can either pay him EVERYTHING he demands, or risk losing him as a free agent, where he will certainly get what he wants/demands.

There are a lot of QB's in that make it/break it point in their careers. Whoever loses the Lawrence sweepstakes, along with potentially Justin Fields/the ND State kid, would LOVE to land Dak/pay him.

Teams like the Browns, who will have this year and MAYBE next to commit to Baker Mayfield, potentially the Jets as well with Darnold, the Bears who may be in that awkward "purgatory" of 6-10 to 9-7 with subpar QB play (MAYBE), Tennessee can walk away in 2022 from Tannehill, Steelers post Ben, Saints post Brees, etc. will look to land a guy that they believe will be a "guarantee" at that position for the next 5-10 years.

(That doesn't take into account teams like the Colts, Raiders, etc.)

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I know some will criticize him for passing on the deal offered him, but I’ve always been intrigued with what Cousins did parlaying a couple tags into 100% guaranteed big money in the 9 digit range.

Worked for Cousins, but not for the vikings or vikingfans. They went to NFC CG with Case Keenum at QB and an all- star defense. But the cost of adding Cousins, "the missing piece" - has cost them many players from their all star defense and all Cousins has delivered so far is an 8-7-1 season, followed by a 10-6 and a divisional loss. They were actually better with the "lesser" QB and that's because Cousins/Dak need to play at Top 5 level to justify Top 5 pay.
Keenum only cost $ 2 million per season and he was every bit as good as Cousins for less than 10% of the cost

Otherwise you're just paying $25 for a $20 dollar bill.  I hope Dak gets eleventy million, it will insure this is the last season of a stacked roster in Dallas.
It becomes even more burdensome if the cap goes down next year as a result of fanlessness at the games.
Dak just isn't a Top 5 NFL QB, paying him as such isn't a winning strategy regardless of who is writing the check

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Worked for Cousins, but not for the vikings or vikingfans. They went to NFC CG with Case Keenum at QB and an all- star defense. But the cost of adding Cousins, "the missing piece" - has cost them many players from their all star defense and all Cousins has delivered so far is an 8-7-1 season, followed by a 10-6 and a divisional loss. They were actually better with the "lesser" QB and that's because Cousins/Dak need to play at Top 5 level to justify Top 5 pay.
Keenum only cost $ 2 million per season and he was every bit as good as Cousins for less than 10% of the cost

Otherwise you're just paying $25 for a $20 dollar bill.  I hope Dak gets eleventy million, it will insure this is the last season of a stacked roster in Dallas.
It becomes even more burdensome if the cap goes down next year as a result of fanlessness at the games.
Dak just isn't a Top 5 NFL QB, paying him as such isn't a winning strategy regardless of who is writing the check

None of what you’re saying is wrong. I’m speaking strictly from a view of what will happen/the return he will get. Someone will overpay him idc he hits the market and he can bend Dallas over here/make them go another route.

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:
11 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

That’s what I’m saying. This is the best way to bet on himself. That team is prime and ready for him to make something happen. If you eliminated QB from every roster how many are better than Dallas.

If he is unlucky and is Teddy Bridgewater'd or Alex Smith'd in 2020 , then what? You have a Dallas team moving on from Dak in 2021 let's not pretend otherwise. Just because Kirk Cousins got away injury free doesn't mean taking the FT route is a smart idea.

Dak did bet on himself in 2019 and was rewarded with a 1/2 dozen other Cowboys players getting extensions the past 2 seasons but hey FQB supposed face of our Organization, here's your Tag go earn it again? Yeah, 👌.

He's folding like a law chair,  which honestly isnt all that surprising. 

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If he is unlucky and is Teddy Bridgewater'd or Alex Smith'd in 2020 , then what? You have a Dallas team moving on from Dak in 2021 let's not pretend otherwise. Just because Kirk Cousins got away injury free doesn't mean taking the FT route is a smart idea.

Dak did bet on himself in 2019 and was rewarded with a 1/2 dozen other Cowboys players getting extensions the past 2 seasons but hey FQB supposed face of our Organization, here's your Tag go earn it again? Yeah, 👌.

He's folding like a law chair,  which honestly isnt all that surprising. 

Life's about gambling and this is a gamble but I think it'll work out.