Dak to sign Franchise Tag

pwny

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I know some will criticize him for passing on the deal offered him, but I’ve always been intrigued with what Cousins did parlaying a couple tags into 100% guaranteed big money in the 9 digit range.

He was always going to sign his tag. This has no influence whatsoever on his contract. Expect that to be ironed out between July 5th-15th.

22 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think the Cowboys will cave before July 15.

"Cave" is probably a poor term. They already have the contract agreed to in every part but 1. Cowboys want 5 years, Dak wants 4. 

22 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The timing is interesting to say the least. Makes me wonder if Dallas wanted this done ASAP.

Whats interesting about it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That’s what I’m saying. This is the best way to bet on himself. That team is prime and ready for him to make something happen. If you eliminated QB from every roster how many are better than Dallas.

Ive never seen a more overrated roster than ours. I swear to god this forum speaks of the Cowboys like we are the '72 phins. Here is the reality:

Our prized RB showed up fat last year and it took 1/2 the season before he was in shape. Now he has coronavirus. 

Our OL has been wildly inconsistent the last few years leading to now our 4th OL coach in 2 years.

Our WRs are greatly improved from ~18 months ago, but they still led the NFL in drops. I am hopeful here though that they can be a top 3 unit.

Our TE is just okay until proven otherwise. 

Our Defense has been average at best, terrible at worst. Not to mention we have a whole new staff that cant practice with them. 

Our ST was absolutely the worst in the NFL.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive never seen a more overrated roster than ours. I swear to god this forum speaks of the Cowboys like we are the '72 phins. Here is the reality:

Our prized RB showed up fat last year and it took 1/2 the season before he was in shape. Now he has coronavirus. 

Our OL has been wildly inconsistent the last few years leading to now our 4th OL coach in 2 years.

Our WRs are greatly improved from ~18 months ago, but they still led the NFL in drops. I am hopeful here though that they can be a top 3 unit.

Our TE is just okay until proven otherwise. 

Our Defense has been average at best, terrible at worst. Not to mention we have a whole new staff that cant practice with them. 

Our ST was absolutely the worst in the NFL.

It's the more the football tv media romanticizing their oline and their defense 

I'll be honest the best Dallas offensive line play was from 2014-2016 after that it was average to mediocre besides Tyrell Smith when he was healthy

I try to tell my friends who hate Dallas not to hate the fans it's the media I mean I remember when ESPN acted like Jerry signing Pac-Man Jones was the next "Prime Time" even showing his warm us and practice on there 

Edited by Chuck80
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chuck80 said:

It's the more the football tv media romanticizing their oline and their defense 

I'll be honest the best Dallas offensive line play was from 2014-2016 after that it was average to mediocre besides Tyrell Smith when he was healthy

I try to tell my friends who hate Dallas not to hate the fans it's the media I mean I remember when ESPN acted like Jerry signing Pac-Man Jones was the next "Prime Time" even showing his warm us and practice on there 

I'll be honest,  the Cowboys are my 3rd most hated team in the league but that's only because seemingly half of my family are Cowboys fans and also because of the media exposure (I hate the "America's team BS"). 

I could probably somewhat deal with my family's constant claiming "Superbowl" every year but when I have to hear about the Cowboys every year it becomes tiresome. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Worked for Cousins, but not for the vikings or vikingfans. They went to NFC CG with Case Keenum at QB and an all- star defense. But the cost of adding Cousins, "the missing piece" - has cost them many players from their all star defense and all Cousins has delivered so far is an 8-7-1 season, followed by a 10-6 and a divisional loss. They were actually better with the "lesser" QB and that's because Cousins/Dak need to play at Top 5 level to justify Top 5 pay.
Keenum only cost $ 2 million per season and he was every bit as good as Cousins for less than 10% of the cost

Otherwise you're just paying $25 for a $20 dollar bill.  I hope Dak gets eleventy million, it will insure this is the last season of a stacked roster in Dallas.
It becomes even more burdensome if the cap goes down next year as a result of fanlessness at the games.
Dak just isn't a Top 5 NFL QB, paying him as such isn't a winning strategy regardless of who is writing the check

Cowboys sign Dak for 11ty billion they better win this year.   

If they do that and keep everyone salary cap really is a myth.  

Why if they sign him for crazy money and they start like 8-0 and then season gets cancelled for Covid reasons?   That could happen to some fan base this year.

Oh and then cap drops due to revenue drop, but they still have this huge contract on books.  Things will get interesting.  

On 6/22/2020 at 11:26 AM, Shanedorf said:

Worked for Cousins, but not for the vikings or vikingfans. They went to NFC CG with Case Keenum at QB and an all- star defense. But the cost of adding Cousins, "the missing piece" - has cost them many players from their all star defense and all Cousins has delivered so far is an 8-7-1 season, followed by a 10-6 and a divisional loss. They were actually better with the "lesser" QB and that's because Cousins/Dak need to play at Top 5 level to justify Top 5 pay.
Keenum only cost $ 2 million per season and he was every bit as good as Cousins for less than 10% of the cost

Otherwise you're just paying $25 for a $20 dollar bill.  I hope Dak gets eleventy million, it will insure this is the last season of a stacked roster in Dallas.
It becomes even more burdensome if the cap goes down next year as a result of fanlessness at the games.
Dak just isn't a Top 5 NFL QB, paying him as such isn't a winning strategy regardless of who is writing the check

Keenum would have cost 18 million and a lot went wrong that next season besides what the qb did.  They didn't really lose any players besides Wayne's and Alexander this year as far as I know. They could have signed a lineman if they had a cheaper qb i suppose. 

That's off topic though.  How does dak compare to Cousins?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Good video... relevant:

Pretty much what everyone besides Matts and a couple of other jock riders know about Dak. Big Plays, Big Stats, has come up short against good teams and in big moments because we've watched it happen

INB4 Matts posts some cherry picked subjective stats and/or graphs from a nerd site

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 3:07 PM, Matts4313 said:

They were 11th in points and 9th in yards last year.  The year before, they were 6th in points and 7th in yards.  And the year before that, they were 13th in points and 6th in yards.

"Average at best, terrible at worst" doesn't seem all that accurate.  They have been an above average defense the last 3 years and consistently among the league's best at not allowing a ton of yards.  With Byron Jones gone maybe we can expect a drop-off, but if we're just going off what we've seen on the field (which is what you are doing), then there are so many other defenses worse than the Cowboys.  

And for as "fat" as Zeke was, or however long it took him to get into the groove, the Cowboys still finished 5th in the league in rushing yards and 5th in YPC.  

Maybe the Cowboys really aren't as talented around Dak as people say, but I get the impression you are throwing some units under the bus that don't deserve to be.  Relative to the rest of the league, the Cowboys have a very good defense and great running game.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

They were 11th in points and 9th in yards last year.  The year before, they were 6th in points and 7th in yards.  And the year before that, they were 13th in points and 6th in yards.

"Average at best, terrible at worst" doesn't seem all that accurate.  They have been an above average defense the last 3 years and consistently among the league's best at not allowing a ton of yards.  With Byron Jones gone maybe we can expect a drop-off, but if we're just going off what we've seen on the field (which is what you are doing), then there are so many other defenses worse than the Cowboys.  

And for as "fat" as Zeke was, or however long it took him to get into the groove, the Cowboys still finished 5th in the league in rushing yards and 5th in YPC.  

Maybe the Cowboys really aren't as talented around Dak as people say, but I get the impression you are throwing some units under the bus that don't deserve to be.  Relative to the rest of the league, the Cowboys have a very good defense and great running game.

Look at the advanced metrics as well as how they did against better opponents. Something like 22 against the pass and bottom 5 against quality opponents. You are looking at bulk numbers which have under Garrett not been a true indicator due to the run heavy nature. 

As for Zeke, it was his career low in 10 yard runs, 20 yard runs and for the first time ever, he did not have a single 30+ yard run (or maybe he had 1?). He was fat and slow. Ask any Cowboys fan. His bulk numbers were great because he touched the ball so damn much. But he wasnt in the same stratosphere as the elite backs last year.