Cobra Kai - Season 3 out now - Season 4 in production

Deadpulse

https://tvline.com/2020/06/22/cobra-kai-netflix-season-3-moving-renewed/

Cobra Kai is relocating to Netflix after two seasons on YouTube, TVLine has learned. Under the terms of the deal, Seasons 1 and 2 of the Karate Kid sequel series will be available on Netflix later this year, with the all-new Season 3 to follow at a to-be-determined date.

In a statement, EPs Josh Heald, Jon Hurwitz, and Hayden Schlossberg thanked Cobra Kai’s producing studio, Sony Pictures Television, for “finding us a new home where we can not only continue the series, but also explore opportunities to further expand The Karate Kid universe.”

Added Netflix’s VP of original series: “The appeal of The Karate Kid saga is timeless, and Cobra Kai picks up right where it left off without missing a beat…. We can’t wait to introduce a new generation of fans to Cobra Kai and are thrilled to be its new home around the world.”

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

Kinda surprised youtube let this one go given it was like their one good original but I guess netflix just offered more for a season 3. 

They are reportedly moving away from originals like this, only reason they shipped it off so they can invest in other ventures

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When I was driving Lyft last year in between jobs, I drove one of the producers like 4 times because he lived right by my house. They were in the middle of filming season 3. I thought they'd already announced it. It's definitely already shot though. They shoot it in midtown Atlanta at one of the old brewery buildings.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Why the NF hate?

Numerous reasons, but sticking to the content, I just dont like what they have to offer.   Most of what they have that I do like, I either already own or can get elsewhere.