Cobra Kai - Season 3 out now - Season 4 in production

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

This is pretty much what happened to me. Funny isn't it?

Think thats the same story many have.

When they talk about reviving old shows or movie franchises after a long time, it usually isnt met with much optimism, and rightfully so.  And even when there is optimism, they dont turn out well.

This show was a welcomed surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first 2 seasons again before season 3 drops.       Even after multiple viewings I still really enjoyed it.   They do the emotional stuff well on here, and Zabka has had a few tearjerking scenes, like recounting not being there for Robbie and then the phone message after Miguels accident.

There are some cringey parts, mainly due to weak line delivery, and some of the choreographed action is just lazy, but its all well done for the most part.  Good blend of action, drama and comedy, and the acting is good for the most part.

The relationship between Johnny and Miguel is my favorite part, but I think the character Im most interested in going forward is Hawk, especially since it feels like season 3 may change things for him.  Sad that Aisha wont be back, but her character wasn't really crucial, and they need room for the new characters.

I watched a few early reviews for season 3 and its all been positive so far.   Cant wait to binge it this weekend!!!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 43M said:

Watched the first 2 seasons again before season 3 drops.       Even after multiple viewings I still really enjoyed it.   They do the emotional stuff well on here, and Zabka has had a few tearjerking scenes, like recounting not being there for Robbie and then the phone message after Miguels accident.

There are some cringey parts, mainly due to weak line delivery, and some of the choreographed action is just lazy, but its all well done for the most part.  Good blend of action, drama and comedy, and the acting is good for the most part.

The relationship between Johnny and Miguel is my favorite part, but I think the character Im most interested in going forward is Hawk, especially since it feels like season 3 may change things for him.  Sad that Aisha wont be back, but her character wasn't really crucial, and they need room for the new characters.

I watched a few early reviews for season 3 and its all been positive so far.   Cant wait to binge it this weekend!!!

Im behind you, decided to rewatch the flicks as well since they have teased players from those movies. 

• Like 1

I'm pumped.  Probably won't get to watch the first few days of the year, so i'll avoid this thread and social media until I can catch up.  I know I may be in the minority, but I wish most new streaming shows released week to week still.  I loved it for The Mandalorian, and they had a buzz for two solid months instead of maybe a couple weeks if you drop the entire season at once.

Edited by THE DUKE
2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm pumped.  Probably won't get to watch the first few days of the year, so i'll avoid this thread and social media until I can catch up.  I know I may be in the minority, but I wish most new streaming shows released week to week still.  I loved it for The Mandalorian, and they had a buzz for two solid months instead of maybe a couple weeks if you drop the entire season at once.

I agree with that. I like the build up and appointment viewing over blasting through a series with no anticipation. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Just read that The Next Karate Kid is also considered cannon for Cobra Kai and elements could be used in the show. Never seen it before, has anyone else?

Yeah, just watched it a month or so ago. It's the only one on Netflix. It's not good. It doesn't offer anything special,  although Walton Goggins is in it.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

He's the least Walton Goggins of all the Waltons Goggins. 

He's not even Walton Goggins, there wasnt even an open mouthed reactions face!

Holy ish that was a bad movie though. Like nothing made any sense. It is VERY obvious that they tried to make a movie with a female karate kid at least a decade before they should have. She wasn't even apart of the central conflict. 

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He's not even Walton Goggins, there wasnt even an open mouthed reactions face!

Holy ish that was a bad movie though. Like nothing made any sense. It is VERY obvious that they tried to make a movie with a female karate kid at least a decade before they should have. She wasn't even apart of the central conflict. 

It wouldve been a bad movie regardless when they released it.

It was a cash grab, while also attempting to push a young, up and coming actress using a popular franchises namesake.

18 minutes ago, 43M said:

It wouldve been a bad movie regardless when they released it.

It was a cash grab, while also attempting to push a young, up and coming actress using a popular franchises namesake.

Maybe, but it wouldve been nice to have the protagonist actually be involved in the plot. If this movie came out post Buffy it mightve been at least popcorn movie bad rather than straight to home video bargain bin bad.