Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

With training camp only four or five weeks away, thing are looking worst, Texas is closing down again, and Florida, is just as bad with  SeaWorld, Universal, and all of Disney opening up with in days. Right now we are no better than 50/50 of having a 2020 NFL season. The four states that open up Florida, South Carolina, Texas, and Arizona are all having thousands of new virus cases. Down in the Orlando area which is orange county we are back to mandatory masks when you leave the house. Never though I would see something like this in my lifetime.

" Just slow down testing" lmao, sorry. I'm still laughing about that. 

Yeah, this is the worst situation for sports. They will have to test every single player and set visitation rules for the players & coaches. 

I'm more concerned about college and high school sports. 

From what I have seen the death rates are extremely low and aren't raising with the increased number of people testing positive.  We all have to be exposed at some point anyway.  I think this is all being blown out of proportion and affected by November 2020 aka things we won't discuss.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

From what I have seen the death rates are extremely low and aren't raising with the increased number of people testing positive.  We all have to be exposed at some point anyway.  I think this is all being blown out of proportion and affected by November 2020 aka things we won't discuss.

You are the only one who thinks this corona problem is blown out of proportion,  The hospital beds are filling up in Florida as we speak. Wait till Jersey and New York open up then you will see what happens.

50 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You are the only one who thinks this corona problem is blown out of proportion,  The hospital beds are filling up in Florida as we speak. Wait till Jersey and New York open up then you will see what happens.

Source? 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

What are the death numbers?

I'm seeing about 1% with healthcare workers at 0.5% and they are the ones taking care of the patients. If you want to stay home stay home that's your choice. But as a healthy individual I would like to get back to work and living my life. I cooperate and wear a mask and wash my hands.

Plus the numbers were admittedly pumped up in the beginning. 

It's time to move on with life, we can't hide in our homes forever. I can't find numbers but I'm afraid to see what the suicide and depression rates are going to look like after this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Here in PA, the hospital beds are empty.  My daughter works in a hospital and since May, the Covid admissions is really low.  Packed in April, but low at end of May.  However, we will see what happens now that most counties are opening.  At the end of the day, it is still up to the individual to be smart and pay attention.

48 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Source? 

Me I live in the Orlando area we just had 28 people infected in one day at a college bar in Orlando, and the state has just taken their liquor  license away for not following the virus guidelines. And the Orlando Sentinel reported about the hospital beds filling up fast.

Edited by doumeyer

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I’m in Texas where cases have spiked as well. I do think it’s blown out of proportion. Does that mean be an idiot and go to large gatherings or even around a decent amount of people you don’t know for fun? No. Do what you have to. Wear masks when you’re out, etc. But the death numbers with this spike are still rather low. Yes I get the side that any death is big. Yes I know. But that’s diseases. The basic Flu kills a ton every year and no one freaks about that. Healthy individuals have an incredible rate of this virus really being nothing more than just getting sick (which is part of life). Sports don’t need to shut down bc a bunch of pro athletes who are in great shape get a “cold” Do fans have to be there who might be in health risks? No. Maybe some coaches don’t either bc of their ages. But pro athletes with their age and health should not be that worried about it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Me I live in the Orlando area we just had 28 people infected in one day at a college bar in Orlando, and the state has just taken their liquor  license away for not following the virus guidelines. And the Orlando Sentinel reported about the hospital beds filling up fast.

Yes, Knight library the college bar. My sisters live there. That’s happening all over the place. 

I haven’t seen any concrete source or evidence of hospital beds/ICUs running low though 

If what they are saying is true about the virus weakening (whatever that means and whoever "they" are), I could see the death rate lowering while infections remain steady.  I will still wait to go to places were close contact and large crowds gather.  Of course that is easy for me since I have never been a fan of crowds and I live in a somewhat rural area.  If I was young and full of piss and vinegar - see ya, I am going out.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m in Texas where cases have spiked as well. I do think it’s blown out of proportion. Does that mean be an idiot and go to large gatherings or even around a decent amount of people you don’t know for fun? No. Do what you have to. Wear masks when you’re out, etc. But the death numbers with this spike are still rather low. Yes I get the side that any death is big. Yes I know. But that’s diseases. The basic Flu kills a ton every year and no one freaks about that. Healthy individuals have an incredible rate of this virus really being nothing more than just getting sick (which is part of life). Sports don’t need to shut down bc a bunch of pro athletes who are in great shape get a “cold” Do fans have to be there who might be in health risks? No. Maybe some coaches don’t either bc of their ages. But pro athletes with their age and health should not be that worried about it.

Bingo.

This is a metabolic disease.  Diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome are the cofactors for death.  All of these athletes are young and healthy, I don't think they have anything to worry about unless they are worrying about their kids.

If they are going to allow 100+ gatherings for protests but only 12 for intimate gatherings then that is HORSE CRAP. That right there tells me something else is going on.

• Like 1