Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes I've said all along that I expect us to struggle early. And especially on the OL and at WR. Topo many moving pieces. Pieces in the right direction. But it takes awhile to build chemistry and trust.

But at least it's a level playing field and all teams should be struggling with chemistry.  NE has a new QB to worry about. 

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

But at least it's a level playing field and all teams should be struggling with chemistry.  NE has a new QB to worry about. 

They aren’t though. That’s why I have said teams with the least amount of moving pieces who were good last season will be the best teams this year. Team with a big turnover (like us) will struggle bc of the lack of time to build chemistry. The OL won’t just click. Perriman and Mims won’t just click right away with Sam, etc.

Teams like KC, NO, Dallas, etc that didn’t have a ton change (especially on offense). Will do good again this year.

I’m ok with us struggling early. It’s expected from me. Bc if the reasons I mentioned. But I could help ya in the long run. We aren’t winning a SB this year anyway. So if it takes a seaoan for these guys to gel... so be it. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

And now that QB is Cam Newton. Not sure how I feel about this one. 

He’s an upgrade from Stidham... but not by much. Dude will unfortunately probably get injured. Especially with NE not having that good of an OL. They’ve been hidden bc Brady getting rid of the ball fast.

BB made guys like Cassell, Hoyer, and others look good. Now he has a legit starter who can still make plays with his feet if needed. When he went to the SB, his WRs was Ted Ginn & Philly Brown. I'm pretty mad I have to root against him (from the same side of Atlanta), but I'm worried about this. Will he put up a pro-bowl performance? I don't know, but it's going to be tougher to beat them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

BB made guys like Cassell, Hoyer, and others look good. Now he has a legit starter who can still make plays with his feet if needed. When he went to the SB, his WRs was Ted Ginn & Philly Brown. I'm pretty mad I have to root against him (from the same side of Atlanta), but I'm worried about this. Will he put up a pro-bowl performance? I don't know, but it's going to be tougher to beat them. 

Was always a Cam fan. But not now. A jersey can make you not like someone while in that jersey at least. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Was always a Cam fan. But not now. A jersey can make you not like someone while in that jersey at least. 

Of course, but we have mutual friends. It's really close. People don't believe me now, but Cam will expand BB's play options and defenses will have to adapt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Of course, but we have mutual friends. It's really close. People don't believe me now, but Cam will expand BB's play options and defenses will have to adapt. 

Makes NE better but IMO our defense is good for running QBs with our LBs and Ss. So I think we are still the better team. Quite frankly I think Buffalo is the only team we need to worry about in the division.

Advanced issues found

🎯

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Makes NE better but IMO our defense is good for running QBs with our LBs and Ss. So I think we are still the better team. Quite frankly I think Buffalo is the only team we need to worry about in the division.

For the average team, I would agree but this is BB's system. Brady at his worst or with backups, we still struggled. Defenses never had to worry about a QB running when facing the pats. Now we have more to try to plan for.  If we trade Jamal this offseason, it could be even more challenging. GW proved me wrong last year and impressed me with what he was able to do with the front 7 down to practice squad players. But it's hard for me to get my hopes up. 

I'm worried about all the teams in the division evenly to be honest. Dolphins and Bills improved on paper, but we will see. I'm excited about this roster after this season. 

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

Cam will end up being a MVP candidate if he stays healthy. Just when you think we have a chance......

Cam is not TB and a very different QB.  It won't be the same Offensive system so you have to see how the rest of the team adjust.  This is why I believe BB waiting so long to pull this trigger.    

19 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Cam is not TB and a very different QB.  It won't be the same Offensive system so you have to see how the rest of the team adjust.  This is why I believe BB waiting so long to pull this trigger.    

By waiting he probably good Newton at a cheaper price.

3 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Cam at 31 will be a better quarterback than TB at 43 in my opinion. He will end up winning the comeback player of the year and possibly be in the MVP race if he stays healthy. 

42 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Cam at 31 will be a better quarterback than TB at 43 in my opinion. He will end up winning the comeback player of the year and possibly be in the MVP race if he stays healthy. 

depends on his injury recoveries.  Entirely.  Rotator cuff is one tough mutha for a QB to return to what he once was.  Newton was never that accurate to begin with and his arm strength I'd assume is much diminished from his former self.  At least that's what he has looked like whenever on the field over the past few.  See: Chad Pennington; capable starter one day.  Rotator cuff changed al that forever.  Oh I forgot... then there is the knee.  Superman used to run well and often.  Changed forever as well.  But the Pats are used to a non running QB.  Should be interesting.  Nothing to fear.

Edited by dcat