Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

9 hours ago, xenajets said:

Cam will end up being a MVP candidate if he stays healthy. Just when you think we have a chance......

Rotator cuff (see Chad Pennington).  Greatly diminished arm strength for a guy who was never that accurate.  
Knee (Cam's running intensive days are well behind him, ahuge part of his game is only a shadow of its former self.)  

so the "if clause" above is doubtful IMO.

Edited by dcat

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Cam at 31 will be a better quarterback than TB at 43 in my opinion. He will end up winning the comeback player of the year and possibly be in the MVP race if he stays healthy. 

That is a big prediction.  I like Cam (always try to get him as  QB in fantasy ..lol) but that is a stretch given his injury history.  Plus I think TB would be better in that offense than Cam. 

I like where this roster is heading for 2021-22 season and the $60m+ we could have next offseason. I still see 5-6 wins this year because of the schedule and other things though. Some of these position battles will go into the season. It's going to be an interesting year. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Team Captains

Darnold, Mosley, McLendon, Gore and ????

I get it's Frank Gore, but kind of a slight to Bell, no?

Talk about a guy who's done/said all the right things in the face of adversity. Lot of respect for how Bell handled himself last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I get it's Frank Gore, but kind of a slight to Bell, no?

Talk about a guy who's done/said all the right things in the face of adversity. Lot of respect for how Bell handled himself last season.

I wouldn't be adversed to it but players vote on it and similar to DT taking Enunwa's place last year I can see Gore's voice being impactful enough to warrant it.