Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

On 7/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, Bobby816 said:

Some people don’t mature as quick as others

I wonder if any of the players will report before the start of training camp with is only a couple of weeks away. Or are they under corona virus rules to stay away? I don't even know if any of our draft picks sign.

16 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I wonder if any of the players will report before the start of training camp with is only a couple of weeks away. Or are they under corona virus rules to stay away? I don't even know if any of our draft picks sign.

Almost all of them have signed.

I don't expect any players to report before they have to bc of the virus. 

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Rookies can show up but can't practice in full contact drills if unsigned. Same as before I believe.   1/2 of the draft class is signed with Jets plus a bunch of UDFA players will participate fully when it is allowable.

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-draft-pick-signings-tracker/

Rumors of the demise of the relationship between New York Jets running back Le’Veon Bell and head coach Adam Gase are just that – rumors. So says Bell in a recent and candid interview with Hot 97.

Last season, there was speculation that Bell, the prize signing of the Jets offseason in 2019, had a rocky relationship with his head coach. In fact, the rumor mill said that part of the reason why then general manager Mike Maccagnan was let go by the Jets was due to his signing of Bell, which Gase reportedly was not in on board with.

But Bell, set now to enter his second season with the Jets, said that there are no issues with Gase. In fact, the All-Pro running back said that despite a down year statistically, he never communicated more with a head coach than he did with Gase.

“OK I’ve never played for an offensive-minded coach. So I’ve talked to him more than any other coach that I’ve ever talked to in my life,” Bell told Hot 97.

“So I don’t get how people get that relationship thing – it must have been a rumor before I got there. But since I got there, me and him don’t have no problems (sic).”

Last year was a difficult first season in New York for Bell. After signing a big contract with the Jets that included $35 million in guarantees, he put up statistically some of the worst numbers of his career.

Bell is hopeful, however, that the offense can turn things around now with a full year in Gase’s system. If quarterback Sam Darnold can take the next step in his development, than the whole offense, including Bell, can and will benefit.

“I love Sam – Sam just came down here with a couple of the receivers to Miami – we got two good workouts in. We hung out and talked, we got some food,” Bell said in the Hot 97 interview.

“He’s still a young player so he’s got a lot to learn. But I think this second year in this offense is really going to help him. This is his third year total in the NFL and he’s already had two different coaches. Rookie year, he comes in, different coach. Second year, he has to learn a whole new offense.

“This offense is not easy to learn, I’ve been playing football for a long time and this is the toughest offense I’ve ever played in.”

I told y'all about that offense. It's super complex and when it works its beautiful. The learning curve will be steep but the thing I like about this past off-season is the mental aspect should be strong for our players in terms of terminology and adjustments pre-snap. 

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Rookies report in just a few days as well as QBs and IR players shortly after. Let’s see how this goes

The first preseason game is only three weeks away, that has to be a big ? mark. Your comment ( Lets see how this goes) is really the truth.

Craziness already happening. Players want to be tested daily and no preseason. League still wants 2 pre season games and testing every 3 days. All players as of now still have to report on the 28th or they start getting fined.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Craziness already happening. Players want to be tested daily and no preseason. League still wants 2 pre season games and testing every 3 days. All players as of now still have to report on the 28th or they start getting fined.

The NFL is doing a terrible job right now

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I mean, aside from a disappointing QWill, who do we even have on DL that is noteworthy? I'd say 31 sounds reasonable.

We were a top team against the run. We just don't sack the QB. I'd say being the 2nd best team against the run in itself should put the DL in the top half.