Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

On 8/1/2020 at 9:12 PM, GangGreen420 said:

I just have this weird feeling Mosley will never play another down for the Jets

yup.  Very disappointed.  Glad we have Avery and Peanut.  We should be ok at ILB, but remember, the only time Peanut was ever any good in Baltimore was when he played next to Mosley there.  So we'll see how he does next to Williamson, if that is indeed what happens.  But is a bummer not having Mosely for the 2nd year in a row.  Very costly free agent somehow following the inevitable Maccagnan result.  I've never seen a man find so many unique ways to f*ck everything up. 

Can Darnold please be the exception to the reality that everything Maccagnan touched turned to sh*t?

Edited by dcat

6 minutes ago, dcat said:

yup.  Very disappointed.  Glad we have Avery and Peanut.  We should be ok at ILB, but remember, the only time Peanut was ever any good in Baltimore was when he played next to Mosley there.  So we'll see how he does next to Williamson, if that is indeed what happens.  But is a bummer not having Mosely for the 2nd year in a row.  Very costly free agent somehow following the inevitable Maccagnan result.  I've never seen a man find so many unique ways to f*ck everything up. 

Can Darnold please be the exception to the reality that everything Maccagnan touched turned to sh*t?

I still don't understand why the Johnson's let Macc, run the 2019 draft when they know they were going to fire him just weeks after the draft. But you are right his drafting when you consider all the high draft picks he had was horrible.

28 minutes ago, dcat said:

Didn’t think it was possible to top Idzik but Mac was equally as bad if not worse. This is the “losingest” run in Jets history and I’m not confident it’s going to end soon.

Really hope Darnold can overcome the situation around him

• Like 1

Who cares if Mosley sits out this year. He thinks it is nit worth it to put his family in danger. None of us on this board don't even know his family health. You just play with what you got. We did well with out him last year when Sam came back. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I still don't understand why the Johnson's let Macc, run the 2019 draft when they know they were going to fire him just weeks after the draft. But you are right his drafting when you consider all the high draft picks he had was horrible.

I was a very curious move.  My guess is it all had to do with JD.  IIRC, JD's contract with Philly was up in May after the draft.  Perhaps CJ wanted JD but had to wait.  It did not take long for JD's contract to expire and the Jets contacting him.

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

If Macc doesn’t run 2019 then that means no Douglas. In that regard it was well worth it.

7 hours ago, dcat said:

Peanut was bad playing Mike, he's a natural Will(converted Strong Safety) good thing is Avery is a natural Mike so the combo should be fine.

• Like 1

What with adding the Jamal trade and CJ sitting out the year to the absolute joke of 2020 I see very little to be optimistic going into this year. Probably the least looking forward to a new season Iv ever felt.
Obviously the pandemic etc has played a huge part with sports but I just can’t get excited by it. 

10 minutes ago, xenajets said:

What with adding the Jamal trade and CJ sitting out the year to the absolute joke of 2020 I see very little to be optimistic going into this year. Probably the least looking forward to a new season Iv ever felt.
Obviously the pandemic etc has played a huge part with sports but I just can’t get excited by it. 

That's actually good. If we're bad then your hopes weren't high. If we're good then you'll have a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If Macc doesn’t run 2019 then that means no Douglas. In that regard it was well worth it.

Dunno.  If Chris liked Gase that much I could see Jets would hire Douglas at the same time.  Eagles already hired Andrew Berry so Douglas name won't be blocked when asked for permission to interview him.

54 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Dunno.  If Chris liked Gase that much I could see Jets would hire Douglas at the same time.  Eagles already hired Andrew Berry so Douglas name won't be blocked when asked for permission to interview him.

From what I recall Eagles had previously blocked Douglas from getting interviews around that same time. It was only after the draft that he became available. We were linked to Douglas instantly.

I hope we can move Bell this year to a contender at the deadline for a 2nd or 3rd.  His contract isn't that bad with all the guaranteed money mostly gone and he can still play at a high level.  Adding another premium pick would be huge.  That would give us six picks in the top 100 which can change a turn a team around quickly if JD has a good draft.

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Peanut was bad playing Mike, he's a natural Will(converted Strong Safety) good thing is Avery is a natural Mike so the combo should be fine.

Indeed, that is correct.  Fingers crossed.