Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup Hogan and even White (if we sign him) aren't enough. Something major has to be done.

I would like to keep the 1s but the 2nd should absolutely be on the table to acquire a starting wide out. If we keep the Seattle first we could always trade down for 2 2s perhaps. I don’t even know who could potentially be available. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup Hogan and even White (if we sign him) aren't enough. Something major has to be done.

It’s not like other teams don’t have needs in places. Finding talent at this time is tough, I think under the circumstances they did a good job bringing in Hogan(who knows the offense) and White(whom they drafted in Chicago)  we’ll see if White gets a shot. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This should have happened years ago

Once the Pettine leaks happened. I’m glad they finally did something about it. The Adams article had to be the breaking point because the league cannot have the media covering their teams like that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Once the Pettine leaks happened. I’m glad they finally did something about it. The Adams article had to be the breaking point because the league cannot have the media covering their teams like that. 

I think it's being reported that it's not linked to his coverage. So he must have done something outside of his reporting to get his credentials revoked. Hope he gets canned because of it too. 

46 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think if the OL gives Sam time to throw the WR will be open especially with Bell coming out of the backfield. I'm not too worried about WR. 

You’re not worried about WR?  Have you seen this WR group?  JOSH MALONE IS THE 1 RIGHT NOW.

14 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think if the OL gives Sam time to throw the WR will be open especially with Bell coming out of the backfield. I'm not too worried about WR. 

Assuming Mims & Permian stay healthy?

For comparisons sake — The Eagles, despite having arguably the leagues best OL, really struggled to create separation last season & it proved to be detrimental at times.

Even with a drastically improved group up front, we won’t have the luxury of a top tier OL. We can’t afford to be trotting out the Jeff Smiths of the world.

This WR group wasn’t good to begin with. No with injury after injury it’s looking to be one of the worst groups in the whole nfl (and that’s no exaggeration). JD had a great offseason but swapping Robby for Perriman and adding Mims after letting DT go wasn’t enough.

Sorry but if we dint make a drastic move before Week 1... JD failed us an DARNOLD at WR.

26 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think it's being reported that it's not linked to his coverage. So he must have done something outside of his reporting to get his credentials revoked. Hope he gets canned because of it too. 

Maybe they confirmed the burner account. The guy is just a cancer. Douglas seems to know exactly how he wants to run this franchise and that is lock and key on rumors. All the moves hes made have been surprises which is exactly how it should be. We dont need beat writers stirring the pot and creating dysfunction anymore. I hope hes not the last to be honest but hes most certainly the worst.

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Maybe they confirmed the burner account. The guy is just a cancer. Douglas seems to know exactly how he wants to run this franchise and that is lock and key on rumors. All the moves hes made have been surprises which is exactly how it should be. We dont need beat writers stirring the pot and creating dysfunction anymore. I hope hes not the last to be honest but hes most certainly the worst.

I'm on the side that it's fine that he wants to write negative articles about the Jets, that's his right, and doesn't make his article illegitimate. What isn't his right, is to make up sources and straight-up lie about the organization for page views and retweets. If you aren't going to use your press pass to write a real story, then you don't need it. You can make up stuff right at home from your couch.