Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This should have happened years ago

Being in Florida I only read  several articles that Manish wrote, but after reading them it sure looks like he didn't do his homework and he was just throwing this out to start controversy. He was why over the top with his obsession with Gase.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This WR group wasn’t good to begin with. No with injury after injury it’s looking to be one of the worst groups in the whole nfl (and that’s no exaggeration). JD had a great offseason but swapping Robby for Perriman and adding Mims after letting DT go wasn’t enough.

Sorry but if we dint make a drastic move before Week 1... JD failed us an DARNOLD at WR.

i wouldn't say failed - there really wasn't much in the FA market for me to get nuts about.  i do think they should have drafted another WR, preferably passing on the QB.

10 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

i wouldn't say failed - there really wasn't much in the FA market for me to get nuts about.  i do think they should have drafted another WR, preferably passing on the QB.

Drafting another mid round WR would not have not do much more than not picking one at all. We came into camp with; Perriman, Crowder, Mims, Doctson, Smith, Smith, Berrios, Cager, Malone and a couple other camp bodies. At most you try and bring back Robby but then I doubt you get Perriman. Not much else was there. They bring in Hogan, who's playing well. Maybe bring back DT. But overall not much more he could do. 

8 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Agreed.  However, I do not fault JD for picking Morgan.  He saw how the team struggled w/o Sam last year and with our OL being new coupled with the fact that he had little to go on with Mike White, he chose to draft a developmental project for the long term.  Other teams like Philly have also seen their starting QB go down.  I think more and more teams are putting an emphasis on getting a reliable backup QB they can develop then flip if the opportunity arises (see NE).

My guess is JD had a higher grade on Morgan than the WR's that were still available.  In hindsight, we should have taken Edwards or another WR, but I can't fault JD just yet.  Also, lets not forget Cager, as a UDFA,  has been practicing well and may be on the roster.  So it is not like he completely dismissed WR after selecting Mims.  Only so much can be done in one offseason and no one could have foreseen all the injuries.

Drastic moves done out of desperation rarely work out well, ask Mac. 

• Like 1

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

The fact that this is already a thing is ridiculous

Everything that has happened within a year (trading Jamal, signing Gore, playing Gore ode), we allllllll called out was going to happen

This team is looking like a full-blown circus

35 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

First scrimmage today

It sounds like the starting offense was terrible versus the backup-defense and amazingly enough, the starting defense was terrible versus the back-up offense

everythingisfine.jpg

Honestly it might sound weird... but I kind of like this. I think both starters need something to open up their eyes. And this might be it. To be sharper, faster, etc.

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This WR group wasn’t good to begin with. No with injury after injury it’s looking to be one of the worst groups in the whole nfl (and that’s no exaggeration). JD had a great offseason but swapping Robby for Perriman and adding Mims after letting DT go wasn’t enough.

Sorry but if we dint make a drastic move before Week 1... JD failed us an DARNOLD at WR.

Perriman is fine and the offense will run through the TEs, Crowder, and Bell.  Mims getting healthy will go a long way.  Let's see who breaks free after cut day before we start panicking and trading away valuable picks.  It's a seller market right now.