Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Was going 7-9 with the roster we had last year not exceeding expectations? For me it was. Especially our record with Darnold actually healthy.

You're either changing or missing my point: I was referencing the offense, nothing else. Shanahan's ability to exceed offensive expectations, relative to talent - therein lies the value of his system. Point being, Gase has failed to show that his presence/system adds value by producing at a level greater than the individual pieces...Like Shanahan did in 17' & 18'.

To answer your question, no, I don't think we exceeded expectations last season. We were a very bad 7-9. We played the easiest schedule in the entire NFL and lost to two winless teams. Defensively we exceeded expectations, but overall? I think 7-9 was a reasonable finish considering the talent we had relative to the schedule we faced. But again, this is a totally different argument than what you quoted.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Another WR that should be on the street that might actually get playing time for us bc of how bad our WR group and injuries are.

I really wonder what is going to happen after all the NFL teams play their first game, the players thru out the preseason really had very little contact, and I would not be surprised at all if there is a ton of injuries after the first game. And they could set a record for penalties  thru out the league  in the first game.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We restructured Averys deal today to create almost 4mill in cap. Wonder if it was just bc... or if we plan on doing something.

Nah we had plenty of room before that. They had him take a pay cut because he's currently battling for a starting position and probably won't have a full time role this season.

15 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Nah we had plenty of room before that. They had him take a pay cut because he's currently battling for a starting position and probably won't have a full time role this season.

Move gives us around 36mill in cap space