Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

I think they are just hoarding the cap for next offseason when it could potentially be going down. It’s sad how bad we’ve been constructed for so long that there really is nothing in sight in terms of definitive growth. Yes we have a slightly younger and more athletic OL, better CBs and maybe a healthier defense than last year. Outside from that...I just don’t see how we’re even matching last years win total. 

If I were the Jets GM, I would most definitely be looking at a 3 year plan which started in 2019.

1. FA next year will be a bargain with a lot of good players getting cut.  We will have the money to add some of those players at reduced cost.  Why? Because they know there will not be enough teams bidding on their services because too many teams will not have the cap space.  By my estimate, only 13 teams (as of right now) will be able to sign good FA.
  2. Technically we have a starting QB.  What he does this year or next will determine whether we pay him or not.  I say technically because he has not yet shown that he can be a true franchise QB.  Yes, we know he was put into a bad situation, but time is running our to determine how good he can be.  Beyond Sam, what other big money contracts are looming? 
  3. We have several high draft picks over the next couple of years.  We will add talented players to help this team in the long term.  Without a college season this year or at least a minimized season, it will be more risky than other years.  However, all teams will be in that boat and I think we know who the top talent is.
  4. In our own division, Miami and Buffalo will need to make cuts and/or renegotiate contracts kicking money down the road.  They will get weaker.  Yet, somehow, the Pats are OK cap wise.  WTF!

By 2022, we will be one of the better teams in the NFL with sustainable success.  We will have a relatively young, talented roster with cap flexibility and the ability to find future starters to replace high priced FA on our team.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Perine's injury isn't serious. Just an ankle sprain.

Yeah, and Mosley just had an abdominal strain and Poole just had dehydration and Mims has a hammy tweak and Perriman was supposed to be back on Saturday etc.  This is the Jets we are talking about.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xrade said:

Yeah, and Mosley just had an abdominal strain and Poole just had dehydration and Mims has a hammy tweak and Perriman was supposed to be back on Saturday etc.  This is the Jets we are talking about.

This. Can’t take anything anyone says in this organization to heart.

Mims won’t practice a down and Perriman is living up to his injury hype 

THE WAY IT LOOKS NOW WE WILL BE HEADING INTO THE SEASON WITH A BUNCH OF NO NAME RECEIVERS. IF THESE RECEIVERS DON'T GET HEALTHY REAL  QUICK WE WILL BE LOOKING AT ANOTHER 4-12 SEASON. I SURE DON'R EXCEPT THE DEFENSE TO CARRY THIS TEAM, THEY GOT THEIR SHARE OF NO NAME PLAYERS. AND NONE OF US HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THE O LINE WILL PLAY. THIS COULD BE THE THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR DARNOLD WILL HAVE TO PLAY WITH SUB PAR TALENT. 

Edited by doumeyer

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

THE WAY IT LOOKS NOW WE WILL BE HEADING INTO THE SEASON WITH A BUNCH OF NO NAME RECEIVERS. IF THESE RECEIVERS DON'T GET HEALTHY REAL  QUICK WE WILL BE LOOKING AT ANOTHER 4-12 SEASON. I SURE DON'R EXCEPT THE DEFENSE TO CARRY THIS TEAM, THEY GOT THEIR SHARE OF NO NAME PLAYERS. AND NONE OF US HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THE O LINE WILL PLAY. THIS COULD BE THE THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR DARNOLD WILL HAVE TO PLAY WITH SUB PAR TALENT. 

This will* be the third straight year Darnold will have to play with subpar talent 

it’s been about as bad of a camp as it can get. Let’s hope things turn around soon