Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

Speculation that Hakeem Butler could be odd man out in Arizona. Was screaming for him when he fell to the 4th round but AZ had the first pick. I wouldn't even be upset if JD gave up a day 3 pick for him. Gives us a big target for redzone who runs well for his size and wins contested balls. Would much rather a move like this than bringing in useless Sanu or D. Thomas.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Speculation that Hakeem Butler could be odd man out in Arizona. Was screaming for him when he fell to the 4th round but AZ had the first pick. I wouldn't even be upset if JD gave up a day 3 pick for him. Gives us a big target for redzone who runs well for his size and wins contested balls. Would much rather a move like this than bringing in useless Sanu or D. Thomas.

Im all for Butler... but we quite frankly have good red zone targets. It’s getting to the red zone that might be the issue. Mims, Perriman, Herndon, Griffin, Hogan, Moncrief, etc.....

All guys with good size. This isn’t even including Bell who’s big too

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Im all for Butler... but we quite frankly have good red zone targets. It’s getting to the red zone that might be the issue. Mims, Perriman, Herndon, Griffin, Hogan, Moncrief, etc.....

All guys with good size. This isn’t even including Bell who’s big too

yeah i do agree it would be nicer to have a move the chains guy for sure. 

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Was a big fan of Butler but you have to wonder why he's been such a letdown so far.

IR first year with a hand? Not so much being disappointing as much as them just being deeper at WR and might not need him im not sure. Still would love to bring him in.

Just now, ekill08x said:

IR first year with a hand? Not so much being disappointing as much as them just being deeper at WR and might not need him im not sure. Still would love to bring him in.

Nah from what I hear he's been a non factor in camp both years. Sounds like he could have probably came back at some point last season but they basically IRed him so that he didn't hold the roster spot and gave him another chance this year .

Maybe worth a shot for sure but you'd think a player like him wouldn't be on the outs on a team that ran 4WR sets more than any other team last year. Like I said I was a huge fan of his coming out but I think there's enough reason to believe he might just be a bust for whatever unknown reason.

Just now, Sandwhich2 said:

Nah from what I hear he's been a non factor in camp both years. Sounds like he could have probably came back at some point last season but they basically IRed him so that he didn't hold the roster spot and gave him another chance this year .

Maybe worth a shot for sure but you'd think a player like him wouldn't be on the outs on a team that ran 4WR sets more than any other team last year. Like I said I was a huge fan of his coming out but I think there's enough reason to believe he might just be a bust for whatever unknown reason.

yikes doesnt sound great. cant just be a go route receiver who just wins with height. Not a lot of film of him running many routes on the tree that was my biggest knock on him personally.