Martha Ford steps down as Lions owner; daughter to take over

$andtrap

She has been around the team and has not really had much of a chance to impact anything until somewhat recently. Even so, it was her mother calling the shots since her father, William Clay Ford, passed away.

A lot of people have been saying positive things about Stephen Jones in Dallas and the impact that he's had on Jerry. It is entirely possible that Sheila has been watching the ownership team make a series of decisions with poor outcomes and has a good understanding of what she wants to do as the person in charge. Now she has the opportunity to execute that vision. 

As a Lions fan, I am willing to wait and give her the opportunity to be her own person and make her own mark before judging. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

She couldn’t possibly do worse than her mom so she’s got that goin for her 

Oh yes she could. She could be as bad as her brother, WIlliam Clay Ford Jr., the guy that hired and extended Matt Millen.

• Like 1

I take this as patricia will be fired after this season unless he makes the playoffs. I know they already announced they expect immediate results, but this certainly adds to the pressure of it. 

Lions fans have waited long enough for a winner. Its time to not be one of the worst franchises in sports. 

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

I take this as Patricia will be fired after this season unless he makes the playoffs.

They gave Patricia a long runway when they hired him -  so a competitive 8-9 win season + strong finish might save his job even if they miss playoffs

current over/under on wins is : 6.5 at oddsshark
I'm thinking they'd have to win 10 to make it into playoffs in NFC

2020 schedule here:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/2020.htm