Had To Share This With You All

soulman

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

He's 36. Guys decline. He's on his way. They need to surround him with more and he asks for it annually.

I agree that they should have more weapons for him, but I'm not sure they're done tinkering with the roster. And there are still cuts and roster moves to come. They could even make a trade.

Anyway, sometimes it just isn't possible to do everything necessary in one off-season. Bears fans understand that. I guess Packers fans don't? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I agree that they should have more weapons for him, but I'm not sure they're done tinkering with the roster. And there are still cuts and roster moves to come. They could even make a trade.

Anyway, sometimes it just isn't possible to do everything necessary in one off-season. Bears fans understand that. I guess Packers fans don't? 

The Packers are quite obviously preparing for life after Rodgers.  He's even worn out his welcome with many fans who see him as selfish and arrogant.

It's pretty common for a new HC to want to draft a QB he likes and drafting Love makes sense in exactly the same way that drafting Rodger did.  Love gets to be Rodgers understudy just as he was Favres.

Rodgers cap raises to nearly $40 mil in 2022 vs roughly $17 mil in dead cap.  So I'll take bets on him being traded before the 2022 season with just $50 mil left on his contract for 2022-23.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, soulman said:

Rodgers cap raises to nearly $40 mil in 2022 vs roughly $17 mil in dead cap.  So I'll take bets on him being traded before the 2022 season with just $50 mil left on his contract for 2022-23.

Maybe. Not sure who'd trade for that contract, though. Especially if he continues to be less than stellar...

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Maybe. Not sure who'd trade for that contract, though. Especially if he continues to be less than stellar...

Depending on how the current situation impacts the cap I believe by 2022 that $25 mil a year non-gtd for two years for a HOF level QB will be peanuts to a team who lacks only that for a shot at a SB.  Rodgers current deal averages $33.5 mil per year.  The only question is would Rodgers report to his new team without an extension giving him some new gtd. $$$.

28 minutes ago, soulman said:

Depending on how the current situation impacts the cap I believe by 2022 that $25 mil a year non-gtd for two years for a HOF level QB will be peanuts to a team who lacks only that for a shot at a SB.  Rodgers current deal averages $33.5 mil per year.  The only question is would Rodgers report to his new team without an extension giving him some new gtd. $$$.

Just watch, it'll be the Patriots.

More rings for Belichick...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

If Garoppolo doesn't improve a ton, I wonder if Lynch would go after him knowing that D is too good to waste & knowing Rodgers would love heading back to the Bay.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 12:11 PM, beardown3231 said:

t's not a weird take at all. Of course teams find good players after round 1, but your odds of finding one are greatly enhanced in round 1.

There's a large gap in your logic. You are essentially saying that if a player is drafted at 33 instead of 32, or 28 instead of 37, then there's automatically less of a chance of him being successful just because he didn't get drafted in the first round, and not only is there is so many things wrong with this line of thinking but it's also false. 

Adams is a really good player but Rodgers has been open on multiple occasions on wanting more talent on offense. They never really have gotten him that or at least taken his requests seriously.

Your blowing this out of proportion.  He has hyped up his players every year for the last 2 seasons about MVS, Jones, Williams, and Lazard. It's HIM who has been messing up. 

I mean, they totally ignored WR this year and last.

The only thing they have really ignored is the TE position.  Not everything can be fixed all at once.

Again, the defense has needed alot of work for several years now and their lack of development and missing on picks has hurt them alot and has caused them to continue playing catch up. Their poor defense has wasted the majority of Rodgers career.  

2016, 20th ranked defense so they drafted Kenny Clark, Blake Martinez, Fackrell, and Dean Lowery. to shore up the DL and ILB. 2017, 20th ranked D with the 27th worst pass defense so they drafted CB Kevin King, S Josh Jones, DT Montavius Adams, and LB Vince Beigel to help the secondary.  2018, 29th ranked defense with the 28th worst pass D so they drafted 2 CB's in the first 2 rounds, another ILB in the 3rd, and added both Smith's and Amos in free agency.  

Meanwhile, over the same span (from 2016-2019) offense hasn't been the problem. Ranked 4th in 2016. Rodgers was injured in 2017 and the offense still finished 15th. 7th in 2018, and 8th in 2019.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:29 PM, dll2000 said:

Wow.  Adams just took that whole play off.  I think that is Adams at top of screen.  Pretty lame route.

On 6/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, soulman said:

Yup.   We can see Rodgers look to him then be forced to wing a hope and a prayer deep ball that had the CB turned to look for the ball could have been a pick.

It could have been Rodgers just looking off the saftey but yeah, Adams completely gave up on the play.

11 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I think the piece is essentially right, actually. Adams can be hot and cold, but when he's hot he's as good as anybody. Lazard isn't a bum. He'll show a lot of improvement his second year out there. Packers could be better shape with their "skill" players, sure, but it's far from a dumpster fire.

Rodgers also wasn't his usual high caliber player last year, either. Kind of weird to find fault with the receivers when your normally dependable All-Universe quarterback takes a big step back.

There is def some truth in this. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soulman said:

The Packers are quite obviously preparing for life after Rodgers.  He's even worn out his welcome with many fans who see him as selfish and arrogant.

It's pretty common for a new HC to want to draft a QB he likes and drafting Love makes sense in exactly the same way that drafting Rodger did.  Love gets to be Rodgers understudy just as he was Favres.

I wasn't impressed with Love as a prospect.  But the one thing I hate about the Love pick is that he gets to sit behind one of the best QB's of all-time and the Packers ALWAYS seem to get it right.  I swear I'm gonna scream if he turns out to be another HOF. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5071039

• Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

I wasn't impressed with Love as a prospect.  But the one thing I hate about the Love pick is that he gets to sit behind one of the best QB's of all-time and the Packers ALWAYS seem to get it right.  I swear I'm gonna scream if he turns out to be another HOF. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5071039

LOLOL

• Like 1