SoFi Stadium

NVRamsFan

New drone video of it.

The Occulus is a 120 yard long scoreboard that weighs 2.2 million pounds. It is 4k from end to end inside and out. They expect to employ 80-85 people to create content for it. It houses 260 speakers and hosts 56 5g antennas. It took 43 trucks to haul the Occulus to the stadium. 

The stadium itself will seat 70,240 with the ability to add another 30,000. It's slated to host Super Bowl 56. It's also scheduled to host the 2023 NCAA football championship game. The Mountain West Conference and the Pac-12 will have a new Bowl Game in the stadium, supposed to start this year we'll see about that. It is being added as a site for the 2026 FIFA World Cup, it was left off the initial list of stadiums because it wasn't completed at the time of the bid. It is also involved in the 2028 Summer Olympics. And for some the biggest deal would be Wrestlemania 37 hosted there in March of 2021. It's also home to the Rams and Chargers. Attached to the stadium is also a 6,000 seat performance arts venue. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 2:51 AM, NVRamsFan said:

Financial debacle? 

They are already like 4 billion dollars OVER BUDGET. As in the original planned cost of the stadium was 2 billion dollars. Somehow they've gone over 6 billion in construction costs.

2 minutes ago, drew39k said:

They are already like 4 billion dollars OVER BUDGET. As in the original planned cost of the stadium was 2 billion dollars. Somehow they've gone over 6 billion in construction costs.

Except it's a Southern California construction projects. As a San Diego native, I can testify that those projects always cost like three times the budget. I mean, they could have made the budget 6 billion, but then it would have been like 18 billion dollars when all was said and done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Got it you don't know what is going on so you call it a debacle. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Got it you don't know what is going on so you call it a debacle. 

I didn't call it a debacle. I explained why others did. Regardless of that going 4 billions dollars over your 2 billion dollar budget is a debacle. Its mismanagement of funds at its finest. To put it in perspective, you could buy three of the raiders brand new vegas stadium for the cost of this thing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drew39k said:

I didn't call it a debacle. I explained why others did. Regardless of that going 4 billions dollars over your 2 billion dollar budget is a debacle. Its mismanagement of funds at its finest. To put it in perspective, you could buy three of the raiders brand new vegas stadium for the cost of this thing.

Didn't they also build out the NFL Network and a ton of stuff connected or next to the stadium?

12 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Didn't they also build out the NFL Network and a ton of stuff connected or next to the stadium?

Yes there’s a lot more in the $6 billion number than just the stadium. There’s also a full years delay due to losing the first year to heavy rains. In the end who cares how much it costs? Stan and his partners are paying for everything, there’s no public money involved. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drew39k said:

And how much would that stadium cost if built in California? Hint a hell of a lot more than it costs in Vegas. Also Vegas is being built on the public dime, that changes everything. 

• Like 1