Hypothetical #1 Overall Pick 2021

BleedTheClock

If we won the hypothetical draft lottery, what would you do with the #1 pick?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What are you doing?

• Select Trevor Lawrence #1 overall.
    • Select someone else #1 overall (specify).
    • Trade down and acquire a massive haul of picks.

Ok so here's a scenario I was thinking about today...

Let's say these hypothetical scenarios happen:

1. The NFL Season is cancelled before it begins.

2. The NFL decides to hold a lottery similar to the NBA, based on last year's records, for the #1 pick.

3. The Cleveland Browns win that lottery.

4. Trevor Lawrence declares.

So....what do we do?

1. Take Trevor Lawrence at #1
2. Take someone else at #1
3. Trade down and get a billion draft picks

If that were the case I think the only right move is to attempt to acquire more picks. If there's really no football then you need as many random shots in the dark pick wise as you can get. I'd move down for whoever offers the most picks and not think twice. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

If that were the case I think the only right move is to attempt to acquire more picks. If there's really no football then you need as many random shots in the dark pick wise as you can get. I'd move down for whoever offers the most picks and not think twice. 

I feel like if college football was canceled, you could feel okay heading towards a 2021 draft. 

You feel pretty comfortable off the past season knowing who will be good or not (Lawrence, Fields, Sewell). However, after round 5, good luck.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like if college football was canceled, you could feel okay heading towards a 2021 draft. 

You feel pretty comfortable off the past season knowing who will be good or not (Lawrence, Fields, Sewell). However, after round 5, good luck.

I dont know about Fields. I would hate to invest a high pick into him after one season. I think the pick would have to be Sewell. Having the chance to select him is way too much to chance by trading down a spot of two. Dude would be a day 1 starter. You think make Wills the RG and you bump him out when Conklin leaves

• Like 1

Can you imagine what we could get for Trevor Lawrence? Imagine the bidding war. Patriots, Colts, Titans, Jags, Raiders, Skins, Bears, Lions, Bucs, and Panthers should all at least be interested.

With a iron willed front office, I don't see how you walk away with a non-record breaking haul.

• Like 3

Trade down. I have no more reason to think that Trevor Lawrence is a franchise quarterback then Baker Mayfield. We have seen Mayfield have success. Lawrence has the traits obviously, but is not a finished product. There will definitely be a bidding war for him though, so I would definitely trade back.

• Like 2