Hypothetical #1 Overall Pick 2021

BleedTheClock

If we won the hypothetical draft lottery, what would you do with the #1 pick?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What are you doing?

• Select Trevor Lawrence #1 overall.
    • Select someone else #1 overall (specify).
    • Trade down and acquire a massive haul of picks.

15 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I think there is a real chance that we don’t have football this season. I hate to say it. When Trevor Lawrence plays in the NFL it’s possible that his last experience would have been what we saw in the playoffs, which was pretty spotty and nowhere near NFL ready. The tools are there, sure. There isn’t much patience in the NFL though anymore. At least for coaches and general managers. For those making decisions, unless ownership is pressing the issue, you need to be winning within a year or two. Based on self interest I don’t think it makes sense to start over when you can be competitive with what you have. If we do have football this season though, obviously I think a lot of the decisions are based on what kind of progression we have out of our quarterback in a big year 3.

Optics is what will hurt college football. I’ve said this from the moment stuff was getting shut down.

The NFL can just choose to not give a ****. If Malcolm Jenkins doesn’t want to play, Saints will replace him.

You can’t really do that with college athletes. This is probably the one and only time the NCAA wishes they paid players.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

Let’s be real though. If there’s no season we will just draft LSU players regardless.

So....

Jacoby Stevens, Jabril Cox, Tyler Shelvin, Terrace Marshall Jr, and Jamarr Chase will all be Browns.

And any non-LSU player will be a Alabama player.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 2:35 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Ok so here's a scenario I was thinking about today...

Let's say these hypothetical scenarios happen:

1. The NFL Season is cancelled before it begins.

2. The NFL decides to hold a lottery similar to the NBA, based on last year's records, for the #1 pick.

3. The Cleveland Browns win that lottery.

4. Trevor Lawrence declares.

So....what do we do?

1. Take Trevor Lawrence at #1
2. Take someone else at #1
3. Trade down and get a billion draft picks

RedLividCurassow-small.gif

FaroffOrangeAlligatorgar-small.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=17530135

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, mtmmike said:

Trade down get Gregory rousso ide plus a fist load of picks.

IF I was Andrew Berry, I would look like an auctioneer from the day we got the pick, until the night before the draft. 

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Yep....3 1rsts sounds about right....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

Oh boy.

I’m telling you guys, college football is going to be really hard to pull off. I’m speaking purely from the liability concerns. These universities can not afford to get held up in court over this.

The fact that these players don’t get paid too will really start making this topic ugly.

Depends on how Baker looks but the Browns are in desperate need of another elite level impact player on the front 7. Having Garrett and not much else is not going to get the Browns to consistent playoff level success.

If Baker looks like he did again last year then IDK how you pass on Lawrence

Edited by AkronsWitness

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Depends on how Baker looks but the Browns are in desperate need of another elite level impact player on the front 7. Having Garrett and not much else is not going to get the Browns to consistent playoff level success.

Health and having everyone playing at the same time can help a good bit.

vernon, Larry and Sheldon are legit starters and capable of making plays.  Clayborn and hopefully Elliot should help in rotation as well.

Most importantly for those guys will be the offense actually putting some points on the board and forcing teams to play from behind so they can pin their ears back more often.

Ok trade

1 Greg Rousseau

trade the last 2ndand3rd get back into the 1st get Dylan moss

2nd round Jay Tufele dt Usc

those picks plus a additional 30,000,000 in salary cap savings on a year where the salary caps drops by 40,000,000 create a 10 year playoff run with mayfield as your qb

18 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok trade

1 Greg Rousseau

trade the last 2ndand3rd get back into the 1st get Dylan moss

2nd round Jay Tufele dt Usc

those picks plus a additional 30,000,000 in salary cap savings on a year where the salary caps drops by 40,000,000 create a 10 year playoff run with mayfield as your qb

Only 1 misspelled prospect? C'mon man...you're letting us down!

And yeah, Rousseau is a freaking monster. Dude is so big, uses his hands, and is elusive. Hard to get your hands on him, even when they move him inside to 3-Tech to work against fatties. He's also a very hard worker and doesn't have a hot & cold motor like Garrett did when it came to run defense in college. He is exactly the kind of beast at LDE that would be literally perfect to play alongside Garrett.

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Only 1 misspelled prospect? C'mon man...you're letting us down!

And yeah, Rousseau is a freaking monster. Dude is so big, uses his hands, and is elusive. Hard to get your hands on him, even when they move him inside to 3-Tech to work against fatties. He's also a very hard worker and doesn't have a hot & cold motor like Garrett did when it came to run defense in college. He is exactly the kind of beast at LDE that would be literally perfect to play alongside Garrett.

Oh well

Something not mentioned is 2 number 1s for 3 years we could draft 100,000,000 in salary cap savings plus have Rousseff and myles for 27,500,000

Instead of 50 plus million.

Edited by mtmmike
Misspelled

• 3 weeks later...

I refuse to entertain this but it all depends how how we got that record. Hell, of we started out 4-0 and Baker got hurt, we trade down. If Baker is a disaster we absolutely have to take Lawrence #1 but TBH, when draft time comes around, the I 100% guarantee it will be a heavy Lawrence vs Fields debate.