Number One Pick For These Teams

Ninersfan1984

On 6/25/2020 at 7:01 PM, Tetsujin said:

Most Fins Fans would say Sewell but I couldn’t get onboard with an OT at #1, regardless of how talented.

You'd auction that pick off for a fortune, and be stoked.  Still think that if NY Jets or NY Giants are picking #1 overall, they're seriously considering taking Trevor Lawrence for themselves.

14 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t understand the logic in this at all. How is a Darnold some sort of untouchable QB at this point?

Find where I said Darnold is untouchable and maybe, MAYBE we’ll have a discussion. 

Narrator: “He cannot so they won’t” 

On 6/25/2020 at 4:09 PM, Ninersfan1984 said:

What if the Chargers,Redskins,Jets,Dolphins or Giants get number one pick since they really do not need a QB?

Chargers: Trade down
Redskins: Draft Trevor Lawrence
Jets: Draft Trevor Lawrence
Dolphins: Trade Down
Giants: Draft Trevor Lawrence

If the Jets, Giants, and Redskins are picking #1 overall, it's partly because their QB's, who have not shown all that much, haven't gotten their team over the hump. It's very rare for a good QB to pick #1 overall barring an insane amount of injuries.

That being said, I don't think any of those teams will be bad enough to pick #1, outside of maybe the Giants or Redskins.

I have a feeling there won't be a season. But if there is a season, at least 1 team is going to run the table...in reverse and go winless. If a team is sitting at 0-6/0-7, you bet your arse they're going to pack it in and embrace the tank. I think whoever wants to get Lawrence better not win more than 1 game this year.

Unless Herbert looks Josh Rosen 2.0, there is no chance Dean Spanos allows whoever is our G.M is to take another QB. This is a franchise that sat on Ryan Leaf for 2 full seasons when it was beyond obvious he was the W.O.A.T.

We would almost certainly trade down or take the Oregon tackle.

On 6/25/2020 at 3:09 PM, Ninersfan1984 said:

What if the Chargers,Redskins,Jets,Dolphins or Giants get number one pick since they really do not need a QB?

Flores and that regime drafted Tua and Flynn and that regime drafted Herbert.  Short of something insane, they trade down or go BPA.

If the Jets are that high, I'd guess Gase is gone and the new HC might want his own guy.

Neither the current Redskins or Giants HC drafted their first round QB, so I could see them wanting their own guy.

But it depends on the eye test.

On 25/06/2020 at 4:09 PM, Ninersfan1984 said:

If they're picking number one overall, that usually means the QB stunk, so you take Lawrence.  In the unlikely event that the QB didn't stink, you can get a bounty for that pick. 

The teams with rookie QBs (Chargers, Dolphins) miiiiight be able to justify passing on Lawrence if their rookie showed flashes.  But Darnold will have 3 years under his belt at that point.  If they're picking number #1 overall, time to call a spade a spade.

Maybe, In that situation, would be quite good being Jacksonville...

They'd know the team would be pretty desperate to get rid of that hot ticket, so could bargain them pretty hard. Ofc Jacksonville will also really want T-Law, and there would be other suitors but they probably wouldn't have as good capital. The team also won't select Lawrence if they ended up picking, so that further puts Jax in play without having to give up a haul. But I guess there would be no shortage of teams who want the no.1 overall. 

Although, if you're in that position, your QB probably is no where near as good as you thought he was - and you pick Lawrence.

Edited by Hunter2_1