Number One Pick For These Teams

Ninersfan1984

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, DerbyRam said:

Any team who finishes with the #1 seed will take Lawrence - and for good reason.

No team has finished in that position with excellent QB play, it’s usually the main reason they’re there in the first place. Cardinals did it with Rosen, I’m sure the Dolphins or Chargers - whoever - finishes in that position takes Lawrence.

Do not see the Dolphins or Chargers doing that it would be mean you wasted your pick on a QB last year. Just because Arizona did it and it may work out does not mean other teams should do it.

Unless something has happened to Herbert or Tua (possible) I cant see either the Chargers or Phins going Lawrence. Washington and the Jets may be in a position to decide it is time to change but still I can't see that happening this soon. I hate to say it, but I don't think Darnold's problem is Darnold I believe it is coaching/personnel. 

I think each of these teams would be looking to trade down unless there is some great prospect at another position other than QB.  

I know it is week 1 but I see it more likely as the Browns,  Indianapolis, Tampa wanting/ attempting to move up for Lawrence rather than Jacksonville.  Barring major injuries to Big Ben, Stafford and the like. 

Everyone should take Lawrence if they get the #1 pick honestly. The only teams that shouldn’t would be the Bengals, Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans, Seahawks, and Cardinals. Those are the only seven teams. Even if I’m the Cowboys, Eagles, and Rams, I trade Dak, Wentz, and Goff. 

Even the Chargers, I pick Lawrence and trade Herbert for a Early 2nd (hopefully Late 1st if I’m them). 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Everyone should take Lawrence if they get the #1 pick honestly. The only teams that shouldn’t would be the Bengals, Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, Texans, Seahawks, and Cardinals. Those are the only seven teams. Even if I’m the Cowboys, Eagles, and Rams, I trade Dak, Wentz, and Goff. 

Even the Chargers, I pick Lawrence and trade Herbert for a Early 2nd (hopefully Late 1st if I’m them). 

I agree, except the Dolphins. I'm not a huge Tua fan though.

Jets are looking like a good bet for this pick after the first two weeks. I personally think they take Lawrence despite Darnold not being the biggest issue on their team.

Lawrence may have to work himself into the team, which doesn't seem to happen with many 1st picks anymore, but I'd be fairly confident they take him come rain or shine. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 8:14 PM, DerbyRam said:

Jets are looking like a good bet for this pick after the first two weeks. I personally think they take Lawrence despite Darnold not being the biggest issue on their team.

Lawrence may have to work himself into the team, which doesn't seem to happen with many 1st picks anymore, but I'd be fairly confident they take him come rain or shine. 

I would say the jets are still a few years away. Might as well reset that QB contract clock