• Phillips
    • Takitaki
    • Sheldon
    • Vernon
    • Chad
    • Greedy
    • Larry O
    • Other

Baker is going to sweep the offensive awards. The offense is set up by the run but if the QB can’t keep the defense honest, run game isn’t going to make that big of an impact. Like Cook was a workhorse last year but Kirk made that offense. Chubb is going to be a monster but Baker will kill some teams hopefully like Kirk did. 

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

If Baker isn't the MVP, then things have probably not gone as well as they should. Myles is a safe bet for Defensive MVP though. 

Hopefully Baker will be our MVP, but even if he's not, that doesn't mean he won't necessarily have a good year. It just so happens that we have a top three RB in Nick Chubb, who very well could easily be our team's MVP once again.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Hopefully Baker will be our MVP, but even if he's not, that doesn't mean he won't necessarily have a good year. It just so happens that we have a top three RB in Nick Chubb, who very well could easily be our team's MVP once again.

I'd say Chubb is a top 1 runner. Overall other players close the gap but as a pure runner I'd take Chubb over Henry, Zeke, everyone.

Baker will have to be our MVP if we have a good year. If he isn't really good then we most likely won't be either. The team will do how Baker does whether great, good or bad. It doesn't matter why, it could not even be Baker's fault but if he doesn't do well we won't either.

Chubb could have a 2k yard season and we could still be a 5 win team.

I still think Chubb could be the offensive player of the year but if we have success on offense Baker has to be MVP.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Baker is going to sweep the offensive awards. The offense is set up by the run but if the QB can’t keep the defense honest, run game isn’t going to make that big of an impact. Like Cook was a workhorse last year but Kirk made that offense. Chubb is going to be a monster but Baker will kill some teams hopefully like Kirk did. 

We have a very run happy coach with a great run blocking line. I’d say Chubb is the heavy favor. Especially considering he’s the superior player.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We have a very run happy coach with a great run blocking line. I’d say Chubb is the heavy favor. Especially considering he’s the superior player.  

we just saw Kirk Cousins go 3600+ yards, 26TDs/6INTS and 107 rating. Baker is a more talented QB.

Chubb wont come close to 300 carries, what he had last year. Hunt is going to take touches from Chubb, which is good, its going to keep both of them extremely fresh. 

Its a great run blocking OLine but it is an OL that could be just as good in play action pass blocking. The run game is going to wreck teams but the passing attack is what is going to kill opposing defenses. A lot of Stef's schemes are from Kubiak. Kubiak always had great rushing attacks but his teams didnt do anything until he got competent QB play. Hell, Vikings look pretty avg in the beginning of the year. Things got changed around for Cousins and than him, and the offense took off.

If the Browns are playing like a top tier team, its because of baker, but it is being set up by Chubb. baker is the driver off the offense and Chubb is the engine. Doesnt matter what the car, you need someone who can drive it. Baker should have a huge season.

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

we just saw Kirk Cousins go 3600+ yards, 26TDs/6INTS and 107 rating. Baker is a more talented QB.

Chubb wont come close to 300 carries, what he had last year. Hunt is going to take touches from Chubb, which is good, its going to keep both of them extremely fresh. 

Its a great run blocking OLine but it is an OL that could be just as good in play action pass blocking. The run game is going to wreck teams but the passing attack is what is going to kill opposing defenses. A lot of Stef's schemes are from Kubiak. Kubiak always had great rushing attacks but his teams didnt do anything until he got competent QB play. Hell, Vikings look pretty avg in the beginning of the year. Things got changed around for Cousins and than him, and the offense took off.

If the Browns are playing like a top tier team, its because of baker, but it is being set up by Chubb. baker is the driver off the offense and Chubb is the engine. Doesnt matter what the car, you need someone who can drive it. Baker should have a huge season.

Sure, but Dalvin Cook also dominated behind a worse OL and while being a worse player than Chubb. 

This scheme is built for RB dominance, not QB dominance. Baker will be very efficient in the offense, but I don’t think he’s going to put up crazy numbers. And I am sure Stefanski would prefer to throw 0 passes if he could. Winning on the ground is clearly his M.O. 

• Like 1

MVP and OMVP will probably be Chubb. However, Baker will have a good year.

DMVP will be Myles.

My rookie of the year will be DPJ. I think he makes an impact on special teams day 1. I’m skittish on starting a bunch of rookies day 1. Jedrick should be the only 100% lock. Even though Delpit is our most talented safety, it’s a lot to ask for him given the circumstances.