NCAA BASKETBALL 10 - DYNASTY MODE (NEW)

MKnight82

PLAYERS LEAVING

PF Cameron Owens, 83 OVR, Graduating

PF Bonzi Wilkins, 80 OVR, Graduating

PG Tim Gaskins, 71 OVR, Graduating 

C Tyson Stanley, 52 OVR, Graduating

Unfortunately I don't have career stats for Owens.  He's been my top player for 3-4 years now.  He could switch between the 4-5 spots effectively.  Bonzi Wilkins has been a bit of a disappointment.  Despite his OVR, he's rarely showed up in the top stats column at the end of the season.  

RECRUITING CLASS - YEAR 7
Position Name Height Weight OVR FG 3PT DUNK STL BLK OREB DREB PASS SPD QUICK VERT STR
SG Ty Daniel 6'1" 197 77 68 77 38 75 56 61 72 78 83 85 84 79
C Chris Marshall 6'9" 224 74 67 67 49 58 79 66 77 63 59 76 64 79
SG Chris Carson 6'2" 204 72 67 78 35 73 63 44 46 80 85 89 75 65
SG Mace Blackmon 6'0" 188 72 74 78 36 64 64 50 67 80 75 82 69 67

Didn't expect to land Ty Daniel, so I ended up with way too many SG signing.  I expect either Carson or Blackmon will end up transferring so it won't matter.  Marshall looks like a solid Center recruit if not a little undersized.  Daniel is a stud.

ACC CONFERENCE SEASON PREVIEW - YEAR 8
School OVR Recruits Starters Bench
Maryland A+ A+ A+ A
Georgia Tech A+ A+ A A
North Carolina A+ A A+ A
Duke A A+ A A
Clemson A A A A-
Wake Forest B+ B A- B
Howard B+ B- B+ B-
NC State B D+ A B
Virginia B B- B- B-
Florida State C C+ C+ C-
Boston College D D+ D F
Virginia Tech D D+ D F

Surprised not to see Duke and UNC higher.  I just beat Maryland last year in the NCAA Tournament so I'm feeling good about that.  They kicked out Miami to make room for me in the ACC lol.  

Year 8 Roster
Starters Name OVR YEAR Height
C Chris Marshall 74 FR 6'9"
PF Andy Thurman 78 JR 6'10"
SF Grant Erickson 77 SO 6'6"
SG Ty Daniel 77 FR 6'1"
PG Bobby Ware 78 JR 6'5"
Bench        
SG Mark Lowe 83 SR 6'3"
SF Vince Harrell 76 JR 6'10"
PG Neil Britton 76 SO 6'1"
C Tyler Cook 76 SO 6'11"
PG Tyson Abrams 74 SR 6'0"
PF Ray Alexander 73 FR (RS) 6'10"
SG Chris Carson 72 FR 6'2"
SG Ben Owens 51 JR 6'3"
SG Michael Barber 42 FR 6'0"
SG Mace Blackmon 72 FR (RS) 6'0"

I'm going young with the starters.  Freshman C Chris Marshall and SG Ty Daniel will start.  I know that pushes SG Mark Lowe to the bench, but I feel like Daniel is the future and he needs the minutes.  

RECRUITING BOARD - YEAR 8
Player Position Player Type State Star OFF DEF Height Weight National Rank Positional Rank Interest
Dee Dee Tipton PF Power Post WA **** A- B- 6'9" 210 12 3 High
Zahur Potter PG Passer Scorer TX **** A+ B- 6'1" 179 23 1 Medium
Bobby Norton SF Passer Scorer DC **** B+ B 6'6' 199 45 5 High
Grant Golden PF Complete Post CA **** A- C 6'10" 219 53 12 High
Jason Henderson PG Passer Scorer AL **** B B+ 6'2" 165 55 8 High

I'm pretty shocked how much better the recruiting looks.  I"m going to get some serious talent this year.  Too bad I only have 2 scholarships.  

• Like 1

I assume you can decline offers to change conferences, have you done one before where you just stayed in a lesser conference and dominated it for years after upgrading all of your facilities? Keeping all of the players until their senior season but getting all of the best recruits a small school can get?

I don't really know how this game works, but I assume the 4 and 5 star recruits you are able to get will leave for the NBA after 1/2 years?

20 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I assume you can decline offers to change conferences

Ya it asks you if you want to accept the invitation.  

21 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

have you done one before where you just stayed in a lesser conference and dominated it for years after upgrading all of your facilities? Keeping all of the players until their senior season but getting all of the best recruits a small school can get?

I'm not sure what impact that would have.  I think recruiting is mostly impacted by my Program Prestige, not sure if what conference you're in impacts that or not.  As soon as I bumped to a 4 star program this year I got way better recruits interested.  If I were in a lower conference I'd be winning the conference tournament every year, which would put me in the NCAA tournament every year, which I think would build the prestige.  The biggest plus from being in the ACC is I can get at large bids into the tournament now.  

26 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't really know how this game works, but I assume the 4 and 5 star recruits you are able to get will leave for the NBA after 1/2 years?

The game does have players declare for the draft.  It will be interesting to see if 5 stars are worth it once I get there.  

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:
35 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I assume you can decline offers to change conferences

Ya it asks you if you want to accept the invitation.  

I'd be really interested in seeing a lower conference team dominating over 10+ years. I wish I could play this game, but I won't be picking up a PS3/360 to do it

22 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'd be really interested in seeing a lower conference team dominating over 10+ years. I wish I could play this game, but I won't be picking up a PS3/360 to do it

The game doesn't seem to be creating enough talent to fill rosters for the amount of teams there are in college basketball.  Both conferences I left were collapsing.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The game doesn't seem to be creating enough talent to fill rosters for the amount of teams there are in college basketball.  Both conferences I left were collapsing.  

Are there customization options like in 2k to increase prospect talent? I doubt it but just checking