2020 Keeper League advice

naptownskinsfan

I will start- I can keep 0-4 players.  I will have a mid-round pick.  Standard scoring with 1 point PPR, and 10 teams.  In 2018 I won the title, and my keepers were not kind to me last year.

QB- Deshaun Watson, Dakota Prescott 

RB- Ezeqiel Elliott, Todd Gurley, Kareem Hunt, Duke Johnson, Lesean McCoy 

WR- Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, Kenny Golladay, Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate, Will Fuller

TE- Zach Ertz, Greg Olsen 

EE and Evans are definite keepers.  Cases can be made for Golladay, Ertz, Ridley and even Gurley and Hunt.  I could also go with just those two and see what else happens.  

28 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I will start- I can keep 0-4 players.  I will have a mid-round pick.  Standard scoring with 1 point PPR, and 10 teams.  In 2018 I won the title, and my keepers were not kind to me last year.

WR- Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, Kenny Golladay, Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate, Will Fuller

EE and Evans are definite keepers.  Cases can be made for Golladay, Ertz, Ridley and even Gurley and Hunt.  I could also go with just those two and see what else happens.  

Personally, I would keep Golladay and Ridley. However, I would be all over the league offering 2 for 1 trades. No idea on what the rest of your league looks like, but I could see someone giving good value if they only have 3 keeper level players. Your roster has two in demand QB's and a top-5 TE, I could see someone wanting them and giving you an upgrade somewhere else.

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Assuming you will lose your picks in rounds 1 through how many ever people you keep? Also how many teams in the league? Is the draft snaked? Depending on League size I might consider just keeping EE (10-12 team league snake draft) or keeping EE, Golladay, Evans, and Ertz if a bigger league (14-16 teams or non-snake 12 team).  Golladay is ranked higher than Evans on some lists and both are tail end 2nd rounders/early third rounders. So in a 12 team league if you do a snake draft, you may get better value at the turn depending on who else keeps people.   If not you will be first in line to pick there and can grab whichever WR you prefer of the bunch.  If its not a snake, I would  easily keep the top 3 and likely Ertz or Gurley.  Ridley may be better long term value but I think those others offer better short term value.  

12 team, one keeper league. One point PPR, .5 for all carries, all TDS are 6 points.

So there's really only three players I am considering: Nick Chubb, Le'veon Bell and Mike Evans.

Leaning Chubb at the moment. Bell is probably plan B but who can trust Adam Gase.

Plus I think if Chubb gets 18-20 touchs and 65 % of Snaps, he'll be ok.

17 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Is there a price for your keepers?

Def not keeping a QB

I think I'd keep three and add Ertz to the list.

Hunt is intriguing as a handcuff and post 2020 season.

20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

12 team, one keeper league. One point PPR, .5 for all carries, all TDS are 6 points.

So there's really only three players I am considering: Nick Chubb, Le'veon Bell and Mike Evans.

Leaning Chubb at the moment. Bell is probably plan B but who can trust Adam Gase.

I would easily keep Chubb

• Like 3

On 6/29/2020 at 10:12 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I would keep Chubb if the penalty for keeping is all the same but if you give up a 1st for Chubb I would pivot and Keep Evans

• Like 1

10 Team, PPR and we keep 3 at no cost. I have to pick 3...

RB: Gurley, Gordon, Carson and Ingram

WR: Thomas, Hopkins

TE : Andrews

I am keeping Thomas and Hopkins, that is a given.  I want to keep a RB as my 3rd but am not sure who it should be.   I am leaning towards Gordon or Carson  but am giving the slight edge to Gordon because I think Denver as they will run him into the ground on his 2 year deal then cut bait.  He is durable, a dual threat and in a much better situation in Denver than he was in SD.  The only thing is Lindsay but I don't think Denver paid MGIII 8 million per to not carry to load.  Lindsay has been adequate but he is not in the same league as MGIII.  

What are you thoughts?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

On 7/15/2020 at 5:49 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

10 Team, PPR and we keep 3 at no cost. I have to pick 3...

RB: Gurley, Gordon, Carson and Ingram

WR: Thomas, Hopkins

TE : Andrews

I am keeping Thomas and Hopkins, that is a given.  I want to keep a RB as my 3rd but am not sure who it should be.   I am leaning towards Gordon or Carson  but am giving the slight edge to Gordon because I think Denver as they will run him into the ground on his 2 year deal then cut bait.  He is durable, a dual threat and in a much better situation in Denver than he was in SD.  The only thing is Lindsay but I don't think Denver paid MGIII 8 million per to not carry to load.  Lindsay has been adequate but he is not in the same league as MGIII.  

What are you thoughts?

Yeah I'd keep Gordon.

• 1 month later...

Want some imput:

4 Keepers - Cost Original Draft Round

The 5 im considering:

DJ Chark (14th-17th)

Deebo Samuel (14th-17th) [Injury yes, but value too good]

Darius Slayton (14th-17th)

Raheem Mostert (14th-17th)

Devin Singletary (10th)

Really going back and forth between Singletary, Slayton & Deebo. Gotta let loose one.

Edited by animaltested

16 hours ago, animaltested said:

Want some imput:

4 Keepers - Cost Original Draft Round

The 5 im considering:

DJ Chark (14th-17th)

Deebo Samuel (14th-17th) [Injury yes, but value too good]

Darius Slayton (14th-17th)

Raheem Mostert (14th-17th)

Devin Singletary (10th)

Really going back and forth between Singletary, Slayton & Deebo. Gotta let loose one.

Its really a toss up between Slayton and Samuel for me.  The injury and presence of Aiyuk make me lean Slayton.