Patriots sign QB Cam Newton

Apparition

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which Covid has shown to exasperate, as is shown by the handful of deaths of people under 40 being caused by strokes.

I wasn't aware of this. However I will say that if it is a handful of deaths on the scale of a pandemic, then how much more significant is this than a person with blood clots being more aversely affected by any virus or flu?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I wasn't aware of this. However I will say that if it is a handful of deaths on the scale of a pandemic, then how much more significant is this than a person with blood clots being more aversely affected by any virus or flu?

considering it isnt linked to other viruses or flus and COVID-19 is 1000% more communicable than any common virus I would say substantial. I suggest reading the article I posted on the last page. 

22 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

considering it isnt linked to other viruses or flus and COVID-19 is 1000% more communicable than any common virus I would say substantial. I suggest reading the article I posted on the last page. 

That is simply not true. There are tons of common viruses far more contagious. And many that are far more dangerous. The CFR of roughly 0.2% is in the ballpark of seasonal flu outbreak.

• Like 1

Meh. Cam has been one of the most overrated players since entering the league, he does however add a unique dynamic BB and McDaniels have never had before.

Considering how little we invested in him, I wouldn't be surprised if he was let go if he underwhelms.

Edited by Elky

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-qb-cam-newton-i-m-getting-tired-of-being-humble

I wasn't aware that Newton suffered from excessive humility.

He's not... far from it, actually. 

But, I'll say this - a driven and motivated Cam Newton is scary. If he puts in the work Belly/McDaniels puts in front of him and actually picks everything up, he's got to be a very scary player out there.

I felt like he was mailing it in the last few years in Carolina, so if he's going renewed vigor in New England, he'll give that O an incredibly dynamic tool to drive it.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 5:15 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

He's absolutely trouncing himself in the gym and saying "they gave up on me" between reps :D:D

That's it Cam, be pssd. Be very pssd. 

I'd be more concerned about what Newton is doing in terms of studying, personally. You are a Patriots fan. You should be able to appreciate the fact that athleticism does not make the QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

I'd be more concerned about what Newton is doing in terms of studying, personally. You are a Patriots fan. You should be able to appreciate the fact that athleticism does not make the QB.

Is there some precedent where Cam is not able to learn or know a playbook?