Starless

Patriots sign QB Cam Newton

Gross. I’d bet he gets cut before the start of the season (if they can afford to, financially) if the season/preseason go as planned. 

I like the move for NE. If healthy, Cam is a top 10-15 QB and Belly will scheme around his skillset. 

We'll get to see how good Josh McDaniel's really is. With all the recent success of mobile QBs, I hope Josh with his ego doesn't try to pigeon hole Newton into the Brady offense. Josh has always seemed like a "my way or the highway" type guy.

This is a smart move for the Pats. The drop off from 43 year old disgruntled Tom Brady to Cam shouldn't be that much if at all. This doesn't mean Cam out performs Tom this season, but the relationship in NE was clearly fractured. Cam will likely be motivated to make the most of this prove it deal.

IMO, it moves NE above Buffalo as the favorite to win the division. 

....so they def signed him today to distract from this, right?

15 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If he's healthy, Cam Is still a top 15 QB. It's funny how quickly we forget dude was on pace to have his best passing season in 2018 before TJ Watt wrecked his shoulder.

The year before that, he led the Panthers to the playoffs and epically dueled back and forth with Brees in New Orleans. 

Newton's demise has been greatly exaggerated because he's not well liked. Tried to bury this man.

This lol.

Like I could get it if the man hadn't had played well in like 5 years. 

8 minutes ago, drew39k said:

This is a smart move for the Pats. The drop off from 43 year old disgruntled Tom Brady to Cam shouldn't be that much if at all. This doesn't mean Cam out performs Tom this season, but the relationship in NE was clearly fractured. Cam will likely be motivated to make the most of this prove it deal.

IMO, it moves NE above Buffalo as the favorite to win the division. 

Bruh who had Buffalo as the favorite? The Patriots are king until Bellicheck is no longer coach. 

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Ok signing still think that shoulder is toast.

You think Bellicheck is gonna sign him if that Shoulder is anywhere near as bad as some people think it is? 

Well, the Patriots may manage to be competitive again if there's a season.

It will be interesting to see how Cam fits into McDaniels offense and how fast Cam picks it up