Patriots sign QB Cam Newton

Apparition

30 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Newton's demise has been greatly exaggerated because he's not well liked. Tried to bury this man.

Reading this thread, I'm shocked at how many people think Jarrett Stidham should somehow start over a former league MVP and a guy who made Carolina competetive over the past decade. 

Seriously, people. Jarrett Stidham is not an NFL QB. 

• Like 6

Just now, ET80 said:

Reading this thread, I'm shocked at how many people think Jarrett Stidham should somehow start over a former league MVP and a guy who made Carolina competetive over the past decade. 

Seriously, people. Jarrett Stidham is not an NFL QB. 

Don'T Know Finger Wag GIF by Alpha - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Honest question here. Is he the best QB in the division?

I like Josh Allen, and don't know enough on whether or not Tua's hip is going to last...

But I'd take Cam over Darnold.

22 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

This lol.

Like I could get it if the man hadn't had played well in like 5 years. 

Bruh who had Buffalo as the favorite? The Patriots are king until Bellicheck is no longer coach. 

You think Bellicheck is gonna sign him if that Shoulder is anywhere near as bad as some people think it is? 

If they really wanted him they would have signed him a long time ago. The shoulder wasn’t the only injury he had last season. The timing of this signing is weird. There’s no guarantee he’ll be the starter.

Edited by Blackstar12

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Honest question here. Is he the best QB in the division?

Yes.

Newton > Allen > Fitzmagic > Darnold

If Fitzmagic would keep being Fitzmagic and not devolve into Fitzpatrick, he could be # 1 or 2. Because of the inconsistency, he gets bumped to 3.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Yes.

Newton > Allen > Fitzmagic > Darnold

If Fitzmagic would keep being Fitzmagic and not devolve into Fitzpatrick, he could be # 1 or 2. Because of the inconsistency, he gets bumped to 3.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I was thinking here.

And omitting Tua, obviously, for no time played.

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

If they really wanted him they would have signed him a long time ago. The timing of this signing is weird. There’s no guarantee he’ll be the starter.

Patriots are fairly against the cap. I imagine the timing is mostly due to Cam wanted more than a prove it deal, money that wasnt incentive laden, the COVID-19 uncertainty (him working out for them, proving his health, and future cap implications), all had a part to play.  

• Like 2