Patriots sign QB Cam Newton

Apparition

12 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I actually feel bad for Cam, that is ridiculous. I can't believe no other team offered him better than that, that's crazy.

I know, right? I mean, the Rams paid Blake Bortles a $1,000,000 contract last year. I feel like they totally could have brought Cam in for twice that, and still included incentives to push Goff. 

I dont rate him at all anymore. He gave the run game a big lift which was his thing but hes now been injured a lot (partly because his play style) and so your left with a guy who is known for being an inaccurate pocket passer. Plus, there is something about him that comes over (even on the football field) as less than a team player IMO.

6 hours ago, childofpudding said:

I actually feel bad for Cam, that is ridiculous. I can't believe no other team offered him better than that, that's crazy.

After Carolina left him in limbo while any “playing” opportunities were filled up. Right when thee pandemic hit. So he couldn’t do a “physical”.  Once he knew there weren’t any 20M prove it deals to be had, he just had to wait. Even if a team offered 10M to be a backup, he would still choose the vet minimum. He had to get on the field. There’s 150M+ at stake if he plays well and stays healthy. Plus, I doubt those incentives are very hard to hit. Pats don’t have the room this year. 

I feel bad for Bears fans, Gave a 4th round pick and 20M guaranteed for Nick Foles. Poor things. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Ahhh....the Original Myth. I’m sure everyone believes that. 

If you don't think he got paid at Auburn, I've got some nice beachfront property out in Louisiana you'd love...