Patriots fined and docked draft pick for sideline filming incident

SilverNBlackFan

53 minutes ago, dcat said:

wow... I've read through the 1st page of posts and not one Patriots fan has uttered the standard reply: "Well everybody does it!"  Where are you guys?  Hope you are well.  

I tried to read through the 1st page of posts but it was blurry from all the tears.

While what they did based upon their own track record is bad, their “failure to report” and “unintentional oversight” in that matter makes it worse. Having an “independent crew” to boot makes it appear as though they wanted plausible deniability in case they were caught, especially when they tried to convince the Bengals personnel to just forget it ever happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

While what they did based upon their own track record is bad, their “failure to report” and “unintentional oversight” in that matter makes it worse. Having an “independent crew” to boot makes it appear as though they wanted plausible deniability in case they were caught, especially when they tried to convince the Bengals personnel to just forget it ever happened.

Just like the time when Brady broke his cell phone because he was just in a bad mood and felt like destroying it, it totally wasn't to destroy evidence after it was subpoenaed or anything.

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

The independent film crew probably made this punishment less severe. Like there was plausible deniability on the pats half.

There is no plausible deniability for the Pats when they've been caught cheating a half dozen times, and specifically this form of cheating before as well.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:
12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Just like the time when Brady broke his cell phone because he was just in a bad mood and felt like destroying it, it totally wasn't to destroy evidence after it was subpoenaed or anything.

Exactly, or how Goodell intentionally destroyed evidence on Spygate 1.0. They’ve lost the benefit of the doubt. Throw in deflate gate, hiding things on the injury report, Krafts own legal issues, and they’re not a clean cut organization, regardless of what people believe. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, $andtrap said:

Not enough punishment. This is their second strike for filming teams. Third time should result in banning Belicheat.

4th. They got caught filming the Dolphins and Packers, too, which is why they were issued that memo in the first place. It wasn't "creating a new rule" (them filming was NEVER legal), it was reinforcing an already-existing one.

They also filmed the Rams' first SB walkthrough, which they've denied, but I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you if you seriously believe that. Or the "we're filming a documentary" excuse for this latest round of cheating.

They also had a drone fly over the Falcons' stadium during their SB walkthrough, yeah, nothing suspicious about that whatsoever. 9_9

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

why dont you get your fill on the old thread?

I know I have already said it, but this is REALLY old news. 

The fine is not, you can say it over and over, but it doesn't change. I have been waiting to see what would happen. 

It's not old news

17 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Everyone prepare for this thread to devolve into a 50 page argument of Patriots fans explaining what “really” happened to everyone else and why it “actually isn’t cheating”, and fans of teams that have lost big games to them in the past explaining how this isn’t a big enough punishment...

......like the last 5 times we’ve done this lol

If this was as bad as all the people on the board said it was the NFL has showed they have no problem taking a a 1st rounder and/or spending millions to make a punishment happened. 

So which is it, it was as bad as you all said and the league inexplicably gave them a slap on the wrist for no reason? Or was it what Pats fans said considering their story has never been disproven. 

This wasn’t a real question, just wanted to see what self serving logic would be used