Patriots fined and docked draft pick for sideline filming incident

SilverNBlackFan

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Just like the time when Brady broke his cell phone because he was just in a bad mood and felt like destroying it, it totally wasn't to destroy evidence after it was subpoenaed or anything.

There is no plausible deniability for the Pats when they've been caught cheating a half dozen times, and specifically this form of cheating before as well.

It’s amazing how many of you willingly show your butts on these things. 

Brady asked the NFL if they needed his phone. The NFL said they did not. Brady then destroyed the phone. The NFL later asked for the phone. Brady said he would offer to work with the carrier to get records. The NFL refused. 

I know this version is correct because it’s documented in court proceedings and the NFL did not dispute this point ever. 

So did you either not know that or did and are making up stories? Again not a real question, it’s just funny when you know more about a situation that someone who blatantly is making things up 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Wasn't that already disproven, as it was a part of Lady Gaga's halftime show prep?

I feel like this was already resolved.

You don’t understand, you are on a board where a bunch of people take sports too seriously and they need to feel validation and make up boogie men to justify why one team does better then there’s. It’s the same reason why the angriest people in this thread are telling lies that are already established as lies in attempt to gaslight. 

Sane situation different day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You don’t understand

I understand very well - probably moreso than any other person on this site, if we're being honest. 

Doesn't mean I can't try to make this world a better place. I'm basically Morgan Freeman from Seven...

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I understand very well - probably moreso than any other person on this site, if we're being honest. 

Doesn't mean I can't try to make this world a better place. I'm basically Morgan Freeman from Seven...

Can I be Brad Pitt?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I just want to know why the NFL would spend millions to punish the Patriots for deflategate and also give them a historical punishment for Spygate but then also lie about what Brady said about his cellphone to protect him and also go out of there way to to give them a slap on the wrist for this. There’s never congruency with these. But I shouldn’t expect much from a board that loves to talk about Spygate but thinks it has something to do with 01 Rams

37 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It’s amazing how many of you willingly show your butts on these things. 

Brady asked the NFL if they needed his phone. The NFL said they did not. Brady then destroyed the phone. The NFL later asked for the phone. Brady said he would offer to work with the carrier to get records. The NFL refused. 

I know this version is correct because it’s documented in court proceedings and the NFL did not dispute this point ever. 

So did you either not know that or did and are making up stories? Again not a real question, it’s just funny when you know more about a situation that someone who blatantly is making things up 

Yeah i don't get the whole phone thing anyways. Who cares if he destroyed it, in today's age, if you need the info that bad, you just go to the phone carrier, they can pull all your phone calls and text message. Obviously whatever was on the phone wasn't that important.

The only thing I could see if he was using some type of encryption app for call or text messages.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

why dont you get your fill on the old thread?

I know I have already said it, but this is REALLY old news. 

You're going pretty far out of your way to suppress the idea that this is currently worth discussing by repeatedly chiming in that "this is really old news" despite the punishment being literally brand new news, but you're also arguing that it makes no sense that the team would time their other stuff to suppress the news. 

Weird.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Yeah i don't get the whole phone thing anyways. Who cares if he destroyed it, in today's age, if you need the info that bad, you just go to the phone carrier, they can pull all your phone calls and text message. Obviously whatever was on the phone wasn't that important.

The only thing I could see if he was using some type of encryption app for call or text messages.

That’s the thing. He offered the phone. They said no. He destroyed the phone. They said they wanted it now. He offered to work with the carrier. They said no it was too hard. 

This is all documented and they admit to this. Like I don’t get “oh then why did he destroy his phone”. Like he offered it to them 

Edited by lancerman

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

That’s the thing. He offered the phone. They said no. He destroyed the phone. They said they wanted it now. He offered to work with the carrier. They said no it was too hard. 

This is all documented and they admit to this 

Yep. People don't care, they are just sick and tired of seeing the Patriots win all the time. If the Patriots wouldn't have won any super bowls and still "cheated" no one would bat an eye like the rest of all the teams that cheat, but since its the Patriots its blown up everywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

You're going pretty far out of your way to suppress the idea that this is currently worth discussing by repeatedly chiming in that "this is really old news" despite the punishment being literally brand new news, but you're also arguing that it makes no sense that the team would time their other stuff to suppress the news. 

Weird.

I'm simply informing the people who were insinuating that these are NEW charges that they just arent. I'm not trying to suppress anything, I have been pretty active in these discussions, and not just to point out that they are old charges when people thing they are new. Also not sure how offering more information is suppressive, speaking of weird that logical leap is certainly that. 

8 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

"This is really old news." 

Lol. I guess when someone goes to trial for committing a crime we shouldn't even talk about the sentence. No news at that point. 

Never said that it wasn't news, never said it shouldnt be talked about. All I said was that this is something that happened months ago, not something new they just did. I can't make a true clarification when people are speaking as if this is a new crime and not just a sentence? 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Never said that it wasn't news, never said it shouldnt be talked about. All I said was that this is something that happened months ago, not something new they just did. I can't make a true clarification when people are speaking as if this is a new crime and not just a sentence? 

Read the whole thread, not sure how you jumped to the conclusion that anyone is talking about this as some new scandal. This isn't always the brightest forum but I'm pretty sure everyone knows what we're talking about here. 

Anyways, let's continue discussion into the punishment they received for cheating this time around. 

• Like 2