Should Bill Belichick be banned from football?

$andtrap

9 minutes ago, lancerman said:

My problem is that there’s no constancy. Fans like to say the NFL gives the Pats a pass but they almost immediately have them the harshest punishment over Spygate ever with very little investigating or debate and then they spent millions to suspend Brady over something they said in court they had no direct evidence of. 

Like it or not. Correct or not. There has never been 1 coach accused of so much cheating. Thats simply a fact.

Don’t really have a history of turning a blind eye. And not for nothing the person who broke the story also retracted it. So you have someone completely outside the NFL backing it up and they are the only reason it’s a thing to begin with. 

lol. Like they didnt cover up ray rice until it went viral? Like they didnt turn a blind eye to the giants kicker beating the ish out of his wife because Mara vouched for him? 

You are not facing reality if you dont think the NFL FO hasnt turned a blind eye. Hell Mike Irvin stabbed a dude in the throat and the NFL sanctioned Jerry paying him off. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Like it or not. Correct or not. There has never been 1 coach accused of so much cheating. Thats simply a fact.

lol. Like they didnt cover up ray rice until it went viral? Like they didnt turn a blind eye to the giants kicker beating the ish out of his wife because Mara vouched for him? 

You are not facing reality if you dont think the NFL FO hasnt turned a blind eye. Hell Mike Irvin stabbed a dude in the throat and the NFL sanctioned Jerry paying him off. 

Really? Belichick was only ever accused seriously of Spygate. The NFL went out of its way to say they thought deflategate had nothing to do with him and even the Bengals thing he was never accused because it was a third party group part of the organization that did not fall under his purview. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Really? Belichick was only ever accused seriously of Spygate. The NFL went out of its way to say they thought deflategate had nothing to do with him and even the Bengals thing he was never accused because it was a third party group part of the organization that did not fall under his purview. 

I question if you know what the word "accuse" stands for. Bill has been accused of everything from filming practices to tampering with radio equipment. They could all be false. I dont know. You dont know. Probably most are false. But he has been accused of a ton of crap.

BTW - Im not one of these "ban him" whackadoos. I think he is the greatest coach ever. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I question if you know what the word "accuse" stands for. Bill has been accused of everything from filming practices to tampering with radio equipment. They could all be false. I dont know. You dont know. Probably most are false. But he has been accused of a ton of crap.

BTW - Im not one of these "ban him" whackadoos. I think he is the greatest coach ever. 

Yeah but when most of its boogie man stuff that’s never been substantiated and only once in his career has he been credibly accused of something where there was a more likely than not chance he was guilty of it, and he admitted it without much of a fight. So it’s kinda like, okay believe whatever you want. I’m more interested in what actually happened than the fan speculation 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Yeah but when most of its boogie man stuff that’s never been substantiated and only once in his career has he been credibly accused of something where there was a more likely than not chance he was guilty of it, and he admitted it without much of a fight. So it’s kinda like, okay believe whatever you want. I’m more interested in what actually happened than the fan speculation 

You dont know what actually 100% happened - you are speculating pro-pats based on the best info you can find. And although anti-pats speculation is rampant, it all starts with some reporter somewhere. Its not like people pull this stuff out of their rear. 

So again:

1. I dont care about your team, I do like your coach.

2. Bill has been accused of more cheating than any coach in history. Or maybe you prefer the pats under Bill have been accused of the most cheating ever.

59 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You were responding to someone who asked about filming practices. Spygate was about game film an undesignated spot on the field. Not practices. 

That’s the funniest thing about a Spygate. Even if you took it to be a super egregious advantage (which discounts that filming is legal from certain spots), it’s really only actionable if an NFC doesn’t change its signals every 4 years, almost AFC teams don’t every 3 years, and only the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills would be at risk of it being used against them that season. 

So Bill was stupid for doing it and risk getting in trouble for it then, is what you're saying?

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You dont know what actually 100% happened - you are speculating pro-pats based on the best info you can find. And although anti-pats speculation is rampant, it all starts with some reporter somewhere. Its not like people pull this stuff out of their rear. 

So again:

1. I dont care about your team, I do like your coach.

2. Bill has been accused of more cheating than any coach in history. Or maybe you prefer the pats under Bill have been accused of the most cheating ever.

Yeah it starts with a reporter who said it wasn’t true. I mean I literally can accuse every coach right now of breaking rules on filming. There they are all accused. 

Point is the validity matters or we have to consider every baseless fanboy accusation as of merit. Which it shouldn’t be difficult to see the flaws in that. It’s just a meaningless statement at that point. 

Credibly Bill has been accused of Spygate. Factually Spygate was only an enforced violation after 2006. 

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

So Bill was stupid for doing it and risk getting in trouble for it then, is what you're saying?

Yeah. He was exceptionally stupid for ignoring a memo from the commissioner that went league wide and led to a needless penalty and gave him a needless repudiation. Especially when immediately after he was forced to stop he coached the second undefeated season of the SB era. He’s always been a bit of a smart alec and in that instance it was to his detriment and gave him and his team a reputation that led the league hammering them at any perceived infraction going forward and he has to own that. 

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah it starts with a reporter who said it wasn’t true. I mean I literally can accuse every coach right now of breaking rules on filming. There they are all accused. 

How many of the half dozen of accusations got retracted?

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Point is the validity matters or we have to consider every baseless fanboy accusation as of merit. Which it shouldn’t be difficult to see the flaws in that. It’s just a meaningless statement at that point. 

Credibly Bill has been accused of Spygate. Factually Spygate was only an enforced violation after 2006. 

You really have blinders on. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/patriots-spygate-deflategate-bill-belichick-timeline/ovkdjh8ny5qb1fnns9grat5mk

LIS - they could all be false, but they are there

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How many of the half dozen of accusations got retracted?

You really have blinders on. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/patriots-spygate-deflategate-bill-belichick-timeline/ovkdjh8ny5qb1fnns9grat5mk

LIS - they could all be false, but they are there

Maybe you are in denial when you use a link that lists

1. the tuck rule (which was ruled against him vs the Jets earlier that year)

2. Belichick declaring receivers ineligibile against the Ravens

3. the loophole of taking penalties to waste clock time (which the Titans used against him)

as evidence of him cheating. Maybe you should read the links you source.....

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Maybe you are in denial when you use a link that lists

Denial of what exactly? I dont dislike Bill nor am I saying any of them are true?

1. the tuck rule (which was ruled against him vs the Jets earlier that year)

2. Belichick declaring receivers ineligibile against the Ravens

3. the loophole of taking penalties to waste clock time (which the Titans used against him)

as evidence of him cheating. Maybe you should read the links you source.....

I typed in "bill belichick scandals" and posted the first thing I saw. I didnt even read it. Didnt need to. Saw like ~10-12 things listed and thought "sounds about right".

Edited by Matts4313

16 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah. He was exceptionally stupid for ignoring a memo from the commissioner that went league wide and led to a needless penalty and gave him a needless repudiation. Especially when immediately after he was forced to stop he coached the second undefeated season of the SB era. He’s always been a bit of a smart alec and in that instance it was to his detriment and gave him and his team a reputation that led the league hammering them at any perceived infraction going forward and he has to own that. 

That's fair. It's also worth noting that they actually might've gotten off easy for Spygate, and the NFL might've done them a solid with how they handled it.

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

That's fair. It's also worth noting that they actually might've gotten off easy for Spygate, and the NFL might've done them a solid with how they handled it.

I think the NFL was stupid for playing the tapes once to the media and then destroying them before the owners could look at them. In the Bengals instance the owners saw what was on film and most reports said that they all kinda felt like nothing competitive was on it and they weren’t incredibly concerned. Honestly that probably hurt the Pats in Spygate that it wasn’t transparent because now it’s one of those things where people can superimpose their worst case scenario on it