Sean McVay vs Doug Pederson

Chargers

Who is the better head coach? Sean McVay or Doug Pederson   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better head coach? Sean McVay or Doug Pederson

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Who was the mastermind behind the 3 points in the Super Bowl from ya boi? 

McVay decided to let Brady and Belichick have that one. He wanted to set the bar higher for when he inevitably surpasses them. It was charity. Unlike Pederson, McVay doesn't owe his success to another.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

McVay decided to let Brady and Belichick have that one. He wanted to set the bar higher for when he inevitably surpasses them. It was charity. Unlike Pederson, McVay doesn't owe his success to another.

One would need success in order to owe it to someone else. See that’s where that argument falls apart 

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Re read the contract. It wasn’t me, Rocky. BOB actually traded you for a rock and a stick to poke his butt chin with 

Classic BOB. To make matters worse, he never realized that the Cardinals didn't even have the rights to the rock. It belonged to the Rams. Classic Steve Keim.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Classic BOB. To make matters worse, he never realized that the Cardinals didn't even have the rights to the rock. It belonged to the Rams. Classic Steve Keim.

He prolly thought he could get a compensatory pick out of it 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

L-O-L. Feel free to tell NFL owners that. Nobody has touched Billick since the Ravens fired him in 2007.

If you think that has anything to do with his actual football knowledge and what he brings to a team, you're missing a lot. His drinking issues are a bad secret at this point.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

If you think that has anything to do with his actual football knowledge and what he brings to a team, you're missing a lot. His drinking issues are a bad secret at this point.

You didn't answer my question after I answered yours. And NFL owners caring about self-destructive behavior more than winning? Nah.

On 7/5/2020 at 12:54 AM, jrry32 said:

Our offense was statically better than yours in 2018 and 2019. I'm just going to chuckle at you throwing stones in your glass house.

EDIT: Gotta laugh at the irony of you posting an article that shows McVay higher on the coach rankings list. That PHILLY writer is welcome to argue the list is wrong, but I'm not required to lend credence to his biased opinion.

hey man...Eagles fans are pretty confident that we would take Pederson over McVay.. This is like a Wentz vs Dak debate. It's clear af who the better quarterback is, but cowboys fans will spend the rest of time it self arguing their side. 

3 hours ago, eagles18 said:

hey man...Eagles fans are pretty confident that we would take Pederson over McVay.. This is like a Wentz vs Dak debate. It's clear af who the better quarterback is, but cowboys fans will spend the rest of time it self arguing their side. 

Yes it's clear, Wentz won a ring at the hospital, he's the best QB.

Edited by Flounch

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

More rings than Dak and Goff combined.

It feels better if you actually earn it. Not knocking Wentz. I think, currently, he’s the best QB out of the trio. 

Although championships are very important for determining QB statuses.

But do you think Nick Foles was better than Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers? 

18 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

It feels better if you actually earn it. Not knocking Wentz. I think, currently, he’s the best QB out of the trio. 

I don't disagree, but snarky responses such as the crap @Flounch is trying to pass off as football discussion can't go unnoticed...

19 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Not at all, I get there are shades of grey on this. But trying to downplay the role Wentz had getting to that SB is the peak of idiotic talk, and that sort of idiotic talk is running around unchecked.

Without Wentz that season, the Eagles don't make the playoffs, let alone get in as the #1 seed. 

2 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Although championships are very important for determining QB statuses.

When it matters most, yes, although I believe Matt Ryan would have a ring if his HC had any sort of balls in the 4th quarter, so I don't really rank him below Nicky 9".

I'll take Rivers and Ryan handily over Foles during the regular season though, but give me Foles over Rivers in the playoffs.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1