Sean McVay vs Doug Pederson

Chargers

Who is the better head coach? Sean McVay or Doug Pederson   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better head coach? Sean McVay or Doug Pederson

As a head coach, I think it has to hands down be Doug. Not only has he won every head to head. But look what he’s done with teams decimated with injuries. He’s one of the best at adapting and managing adversity in the league. I think that’s an area McVay has been pretty bad at. He seems pretty good at planning ahead but not changing in the moment. The most obvious example was how he froze up in the Super Bowl.

I’d say McVay is way more valuable to the Rams than Doug is to the Eagles. That mostly has to do with Goff. But I think that’s accurate to say.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 7:34 PM, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

It’s McVay and it isn’t even close. Eagle fans wanted him gone for a bit now. They can say! We’re a passionate fan base! We say things at the heat at the moment. We rams fans have been thanking the lord Mcvay walked thru that door. He’ll end his coaching career with 3-5 sBs. 

Douggy could be in his last year this year. And those are facts. Mcvay is safe and has a superior record to Douggy. Dudes never had a losing season. 

*eagle fans will come and say he inherited a crap roster.

Even with Mcvay we were pegged to finish last his first year! But hindsight is wonderful and many say he inherited a stacked roster(lolololol). People bashed the Woods pickup. And a whole bunch of stuff. Mcvay is headed for a path of greatness, wether it be with the Rams or some other team! The dudes a genius(Lolol 3 points rah rah he choked his super bowl). He’s a freaking prodigy and he’s going to do special things. Dude is super accomplished for his age. The way he handles adversity is just orgasmic. Dudes a leader.

Eagles fans literally boo anyone who doesn't have a perfect game. Mcvay had a bad season last year, whereas Doug grinded his way to the playoffs with a multitude of injuries on his roster.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:58 PM, jrry32 said:

Doug has a worse winning percentage despite playing in the NFC's sissy division. His only real claim to fame at this point is the 2017 season.

dont forget back to back play off appearances after the Super Bowl win. McVay choked hard in the SB, whereas Doug won it with a back up . 

On 7/1/2020 at 7:34 PM, jrry32 said:

As I said before, your boy's entire resume comes down to 2017. We'll talk when he proves that year wasn't a fluke. Deuces.

what about back to back play off appearances? Mcvay failed to make the playoffs last year. 

On 7/1/2020 at 5:37 PM, Matts4313 said:

Fixed for you. And a "career back up" is literally the most successful player in your teams history. Much better than your new career back up, Wentz. 

BTW - I heard Jackson is working out with Hurts and not Wentz. :D

how did Foles do as the main man in Jacksonville? 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, Matts4313 said:

If you tell me you had a choice for the next 5 years (without Flip and Riech) and you would pick Pederson - I wouldnt believe you.

Flip has already been fired once after his brief tenure with philly. Unless Reich wins something, i'll hold on to Doug, but so far Reich has shown hes a good coach, but better? Only time will tell. 

3 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Flip has already been fired once after his brief tenure with philly. Unless Reich wins something, i'll hold on to Doug, but so far Reich has shown hes a good coach, but better? Only time will tell. 

I don’t know  if a Reich is a better coach but he’s def a really good offensive coordinator. I think he had a huge part the SB win

31 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I don’t know  if a Reich is a better coach but he’s def a really good offensive coordinator. I think he had a huge part the SB win

Reich definitely helped - none of us eagles fans will deny that, but Doug has proven in these past couple years that he can get this offense moving, scoring points, and win games with a multitude of different players 

4 hours ago, eagles18 said:

unilike you,  I knew we well blues

Don't know how we can tell for sure. I dunno exactly what Sean is responsible for in LA or what Doug is responsible for in PHI. Can't tell who's the better coordinator, can't tell what the players think of them respectively. Can sort of tell that Sean has instilled a great culture, but can sort of tell Doug know how to get the best out of players. Voted Doug because of the SB...but d'nah!

• Like 3