Sean McVay vs Doug Pederson

Chargers

Who is the better head coach? Sean McVay or Doug Pederson   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better head coach? Sean McVay or Doug Pederson

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Reich and DeFlippo put up 41 on the same defense with a career backup. 

McVay is mostly hollow regular season numbers. He’s just a hunky Marty Schottenheimer at this point 

Fixed for you. And a "career back up" is literally the most successful player in your teams history. Much better than your new career back up, Wentz. 

BTW - I heard Jackson is working out with Hurts and not Wentz. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Which one of McVay’s 3 points in the Super Bowl was the most genius? Hot take: its number 2 

Don Shula, like McVay, made the NFL Championship (pre-SB) in his second year as a HC. His team lost 27-0. Shula was 34 years old. McVay is in fine company. Pederson, meanwhile, is still struggling to prove that he's not the next Brian Billick.

18 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I highly disagree. I wouldn’t argue with you if you said Doug is the better coordinator. 

But Sean’s strength has always been connecting with his players and leading his team. He’s a culture guy. I would argue he’s one of the top leaders in the league  

Doug may be a better overall coach since he won a SB but in no way is he a better leader. 

I’d argue that Doug is one of the top leaders in the game. His teams are always resilient despite key injuries and slow starts. The players really buy into what he preaches. 

McVay is definitely the better x’s and o’s guy.

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Don Shula, like McVay, made the NFL Championship (pre-SB) in his second year as a HC. His team lost 27-0. Shula was 34 years old. McVay is in fine company. Pederson, meanwhile, is still struggling to prove that he's not the next Brian Billick.

That’s a cute little argument that McVay is better because another coach from a a half century ago was once better. 

36 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That’s a cute little argument that McVay is better because another coach from a a half century ago was once better. 

Oh honey, no. I'm saying McVay is better because he's better. My point with Shula is that he's the best comparison to McVay, not Marty. xD

42 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Oh honey, no. I'm saying McVay is better because he's better. My point with Shula is that he's the best comparison to McVay, not Marty. xD

I see your narrative “better” and raise you more playoff appearances, playoff wins and a Super Bowl. 

But he is younger, so I’ll give him that. Let me know when ya boy graduates from the kids table, then we’ll talk. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I see your narrative “better” and raise you more playoff appearances, playoff wins and a Super Bowl. 

But he is younger, so I’ll give him that. Let me know when ya boy graduates from the kids table, then we’ll talk. 

As I said before, your boy's entire resume comes down to 2017. We'll talk when he proves that year wasn't a fluke. Deuces.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If you tell me you had a choice for the next 5 years (without Flip and Riech) and you would pick Pederson - I wouldnt believe you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To be fair, Pederson hasn’t done much since Reich left. 

I know his teams have been decimated by injuries but they have underwhelmed in arguably the worst division in the NFL 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

As I said before, your boy's entire resume comes down to 2017. We'll talk when he proves that year wasn't a fluke. Deuces.

So tell me again how this exact narrative doesn't also apply to McVay? How do we know the 2018 Rams weren't a fluke as well? 

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot!

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes but Shula actually Won his. So NO, Don is not the better comparison. 🍺

Nah. Don lost his first NFL Championship game (27-0 in 1964 to the Browns) and his first Super Bowl (16-7 in 1968-69 to the Jets).

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So tell me again how this exact narrative doesn't also apply to McVay? How do we know the 2018 Rams weren't a fluke as well? 

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle meet Pot!

Because McVay turned a 4 win team into an 11 win team in 2017.

• Like 1