Sean McVay vs Doug Pederson

Chargers

Who is the better head coach? Sean McVay or Doug Pederson   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better head coach? Sean McVay or Doug Pederson

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Fixed for you. And a "career back up" is literally the most successful player in your teams history. Much better than your new career back up, Wentz. 

BTW - I heard Jackson is working out with Hurts and not Wentz. :D

Please tell me you don’t really believe JDF was more responsible for the Eagles’ 2017 season than Pederson....

All I heard last year was: Goff is trash. The Rams OL is the worst or second worst in the NFL. Gurley is finished.

McVay's still managed to put points on the board at a very good rate and we were one missed FG from going to play-offs above the Seahawks in undoubtedly the toughest division in the NFL. I struggle to see how we can be so bad and that still be our record. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

What are the stats since Reich left?

2-0 vs the Rams. Never mind, Frank was here for one of them. 1-0 vs Rams. 

As important as Frank was to our offense, I think healthy Todd Gurley was just as important to yours. The Eagles took a step back without Frank. The Rams took a step back when Gurley wasn't an MVP candidate.

Edited by Jeezla

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’d take big balls Doug over “genius” McVay every time. 

source.gif

4 hours ago, Duluther said:

Please tell me you don’t really believe JDF was more responsible for the Eagles’ 2017 season than Pederson....

Please tell me where I said that? I didnt. I said that JDF and Riech were the masterminds behind their offense that year. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

source.gif

Please tell me where I said that? I didnt. I said that JDF and Riech were the masterminds behind their offense that year. 

That’s... just as sad to believe. I feel sorry, maybe one day you will be so lucky to have JDF on your team’s staff as I was.

5 minutes ago, Duluther said:

That’s... just as sad to believe. I feel sorry, maybe one day you will be so lucky to have JDF on your team’s staff as I was.

Do you keep leaving Reich off because it cripples your point or because its tough to read all the words in a sentence? :D

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you keep leaving Reich off because it cripples your point or because its tough to read all the words in a sentence? :D

Reich’s ommitted from my posts because I have no problem with claiming he had a share (however much) in the success of 2017’s offense. I haven’t even taken a side in this thread nor do I have one. It’s not relevant to me.

I’m just taking aim to anyone who claims JDF meant as much or more than Pederson to the 217 offense. Which is what you did.

Just now, Duluther said:

Reich’s ommitted from my posts because I have no problem with claiming he had a share (however much) in the success of 2017’s offense. I haven’t even taken a side in this thread nor do I have one. It’s not relevant to me.

I’m just taking aim to anyone who claims JDF meant as much or more than Pederson to the 217 offense. Which is what you did.

I literally never did that once. I said the combo of JDF/Reich were the masterminds behind the plays. Dougs role was calling plays. But as weve seen multiple years now, Doug kinda sucks without them. 

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

2-0 vs the Rams. Never mind, Frank was here for one of them. 1-0 vs Rams. 

As important as Frank was to our offense, I think healthy Todd Gurley was just as important to yours. The Eagles took a step back without Frank. The Rams took a step back when Gurley wasn't an MVP candidate.

Reich was more important. Our OL was solid that year.  Which is why almost everyone did so well. Gurley was still relatively healthy last season but didn’t do much. So I would say our OL was more responsible for our success than Gurley 

If Pederson is as good as many claim, Eagles should be winning the division each year in that sorry division. 

It hasn’t been the case since Reich left. Pederson is definitely a top 8 coach. He’s either underrated or overrated by many 

48 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

If Pederson is as good as many claim, Eagles should be winning the division each year in that sorry division.

Brilliant Douggie and "the most talented roster in the NFL" has a losing record to Jason Garrett 

4 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Reich was more important. Our OL was solid that year.  Which is why almost everyone did so well. Gurley was still relatively healthy last season but didn’t do much. So I would say our OL was more responsible for our success than Gurley 

If Pederson is as good as many claim, Eagles should be winning the division each year in that sorry division

It hasn’t been the case since Reich left. Pederson is definitely a top 8 coach. He’s either underrated or overrated by many 

You're really reaching here. How many teams have won their division every year for the first 4 years the HC was there?

We've won the NFCE in 2 out of the 4 years Doug has been here. One of the years we didn't win was Wentz's rookie season, and the other we went 9-7. The Cowboys aren't exactly a pushover either. They are basically the Rams with a better OL, but no Aaron Donald on D.  

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I've deff called for Jim Schwartz head. Never Doug though.

I've been calling for Gym Shorts head.

Doug... yeah I'll eat crow on that one. He had some head coaching growing pains in the first year and change.