Supplemental Draft

xrade

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

Do supplemental picks have more negotiation rights with their contracts? Josh Gordon's contract coming out was 4 years $5.3M for a second rounder... this was also back in 2012 pre-CBA. This is essentially what Mims is getting as a 2nd rounder this year.

There are so few supplemental picks each year that I have no idea how those contracts work. If they could come into the league on a minimum two year contract they could be in better shape for an early payday.

no.  supplemental draft value is the same as regular draft value.   Although I don't expect any team will use a 1st round selection on eligible prospect, I am pretty sure 5th year option will be included.  I could not find a concrete information relating to 1st round and its 5th year option but when you look at merits to be qualified for NFL's supplemental draft you may not want to fixate on 5 year service from a said prospect.

I believe Rob Moore was last supplemental prospect that actually graduated from college which is in 1990.

Edit:   Dave Brown the qb was last supplemental prospect(1st round bid) who was graduated from university(Duke). Selected by Giants in 1992.

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1