If you were King what should be Covid Fan NFL Policy?

dll2000

What should NFL Fan Covid Policy be?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should NFL Covid Fan Policy be?

• Cancel 2020 Football Season altogether and try again next year
    • Have Season with no fans just TV
    • Allow fans minus front rows and spaced seating with masks - take temp
    • Allow full capacity with masks - and take temp before entry
    • Allow fans without masks - and take temp before entry
    • Allow fans with no restrictions - 2019 and before policies
  2. 2. Would you still participate in a kiss cam at a game with a strange woman if she was really attractive?

• Yes
    • No
    • I said no, but if I am drunk that would probably be a lie.
    • Moot point for me - there are no attractive women in Green Bay, WI.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2020 at 08:21 PM

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Cancel all teams except for the Packers and Dolphins.  3 regular season games to determine homefield for Super Bowl, then Super Bowl. 

The only logical solution. 

Congrats. Of all the teams you chose for your team to play several times during COVID... was Miami.

The no-fans thing is working just fine in Europe. Players and staff are amongst the most tested people in the world, and there's been no issue so far. 

As for the girl - depends if it's a prime time game or not. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

My serious opinion is that the NFL probably shouldn’t have a season because they can’t create the same bubble the NBA is attempting and you can’t monitor players 24/7 so it’s a matter of when not if for players to get infected and spread it while they don’t have symptoms and it will create a disaster. 

Right now if the Cardinals, 49’ers, Chargers, Rams Texans, Cowboys, Dolphins, Jaguars, and Buccaneers have to play in at the Jets it Giants they have to quarantine for two weeks, Id bd shocked if MA which is relatively clean didn’t force that on the Patriots. Colorado just closed bars again. 

The pre season just got cut in half and the NFLPA is trying to get rid of it entirely. 

NY also basically just said it won’t allow fans, won’t be the only state. 

It’s really not hard to read the tea leaves here. They might “start” a season. But it really is probably not going to finish. Unless it goes 3-4 weeks, gets cancelled and then several months after they jump to playoffs like the NBA. 

If it was up to me I’d probably just call a mulligan and prep for a realistic structure for next year. Honestly you are going to have enough problems when college probably doesn’t have a season and you have to draft blind. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The no-fans thing is working just fine in Europe. Players and staff are amongst the most tested people in the world, and there's been no issue so far. 

As for the girl - depends if it's a prime time game or not. 

Europe is significantly better off right now. Europe was generally in much more restrictive lockdowns and they were not as bad as us currently. Also again you don’t have 53 man teams and soccer is an extremely spread out sport 

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Europe is significantly better off right now. Europe was generally in much more restrictive lockdowns and they were not as bad as us currently. Also again you don’t have 53 man teams and soccer is an extremely spread out sport 

There's still a fair amount of contact, but if we were really that worried we can have the players wear masks. Most do during the winter, so I don't see why they can't during the summer/fall. It's obviously not a cure-all, but it will slow the spread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

There's still a fair amount of contact, but if we were really that worried we can have the players wear masks. Most do during the winter, so I don't see why they can't during the summer/fall. It's obviously not a cure-all, but it will slow the spread.

Again every football game will have over 100 players for each game and 2 swoersre Coaching staffs with 14-15 coaches a piece plus assistants and the. The refs. Plus all the other personnel needed. You are talking over 200 people just to have a single game televised with just essential personnel 

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Again every football game will have over 100 players for each game and 2 swoersre Coaching staffs with 14-15 coaches a piece plus assistants and the. The refs. Plus all the other personnel needed. You are talking over 200 people just to have a single game televised with just essential personnel 

Good point and thinking about how the sideline will still be packed with ~70 people on each side, masks should honestly be required if they plan to have a season at all.

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

Per million there were worse off countries in Europe. UK, Spain, Belgium, Italy etc all up around 800 deaths per million people. US around 300 - 400. Soccer sometimes is spread out, sometimes it's not...

5rTXxI.gif

if you're worried about non-playing personnel, with empty stadiums, there's plenty of space to spread 200 people out;

0_subs.jpg

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Per million there were worse off countries in Europe. UK, Spain, Belgium, Italy etc all up around 800 deaths per million people. US around 300 - 400. Soccer sometimes is spread out, sometimes it's not...

5rTXxI.gif

if you're worried about non-playing personnel, with empty stadiums, there's plenty of space to spread 200 people out;

0_subs.jpg

And again the US just saw it’s highest peak yesterday. Europe is nowhere near where it was a couple months ago. One is going in the right direction and yeah you can post a picture of certain situations in soccer but the fact is every football play starts with two lines crashing into each other 

We.Are.All.Going.To.Catch.Covid.  Regardless of that, the world is going to continue to be paralyzed by it for at least another 6 months, maybe a year.

At this point I'm more interested in a cure for texting and driving but what do I know.