New Stadium: Who Is Next?

AkronsWitness

With seeing these threads about the new Raiders/LA stadium being built I figured to make a thread about the less talked about stadiums. What teams/stadiums are next in line for upgrades?

Figured this would also be a place to talk about lesser prominent stadiums (for good or bad) that fans of other teams have never been to and if there is news about certain teams are gearing up for new homes in the near future.

For instance I know the Browns are in preliminary talks, and have been for a few years, about building a new stadium since theirs mostly out of date despite dumping millions recently giving it a face lift. I know they want something more multi-purpose but right now there are still many hoops to jump through with funding, location, ect when their current lease expires.

Edited by AkronsWitness

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

skins? panthers? titans? just thinking of teams that got new stadiums in the 90s that look kind of dated.

Ive been to Nashville a few times and the Titans stadium def. looks out of date. Spoke to a freind to went to see a game there and he said it was the worst stadium he has ever been in. Given how much that city is booming right now I think its only a matter of time before a new project for them comes along

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive been to Nashville a few times and the Titans stadium def. looks out of date. Spoke to a freind to went to see a game there and he said it was the worst stadium he has ever been in. Given how much that city is booming right now I think its only a matter of time before a new project for them comes along

I bet a new stadium with a retractable roof would give Nashville a few superbowls. that city sounds like a good place to have week long activities to celebrate the SB

29 minutes ago, August4th said:

I bet a new stadium with a retractable roof would give Nashville a few superbowls. that city sounds like a good place to have week long activities to celebrate the SB

It seems like Nashville is the new bachelor party/stag destination. I know a bunch of groups from Canada that have made their way down there to party. Especially with the music industry there, a new stadium would be awesome for concerts/festivals.

51 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'd quite a like a new one for us...Gilette is too open.

But BUF should probably get a new one. Reward those loyal but chastised fans...

Whatever Gillette’s shortcomings, it’s not even 20 years old! Where would a new stadium go? Foxborough is the ONLY good place in New England for it. Right next to Rt. 1 and I-95, and equidistant from Boston; Worcester; and Providence. 

As a construction worker, I’d relish the chance to help build a stadium for the Patriots, but it is so unnecessary. 

Buffalo is really the only team I can think of that needs a new stadium. 

The oldest stadiums out there like Soldier, Lambeau, Arrowhead and the Super Dump all have gotten renovations or have pending renovation projects. 

The next wave are places like Jacksonville, BofA, M&T and FedEx which all have had renovations in the last decade as well.

Even Raymond James and Paul Brown have had them. 

The only real stadiums that need either renovation or replacement are:

Tennessee

Buffalo

That's it. Those are your choices. I'd include the Super Dump, but they want to polish that turd.

39 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

Whatever Gillette’s shortcomings, it’s not even 20 years old! Where would a new stadium go? Foxborough is the ONLY good place in New England for it. Right next to Rt. 1 and I-95, and equidistant from Boston; Worcester; and Providence. 

As a construction worker, I’d relish the chance to help build a stadium for the Patriots, but it is so unnecessary. 

Buffalo is really the only team I can think of that needs a new stadium. 

No idea. No room in Boston at all? I think there might be some brownfield site or potential space on Rover st, Right on Mystic River, next to Lineage Logistics? Either way, as you say, it's a relatively new stadium - it's not happening anytime soon.